It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is god really out there?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Remember that when you are in the mountains and come across a sea. shell. ...........maybe someone dropped it.

no, that just means the mountain was at sea level when the shell fossilized. because over hundreds of millions of years things tend to shift around geologically

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Why would a 2000 year old religion have anything to do with a 3.5 billion year process? If god set out evolution that would make the bible wrong in that he created adam from dust and eve from a rib (kind of goes against evolution). SO if thats wrong what else is?

Well if God did exist he exist before that billion year process. Just because Christianity is a 2000 year old religion, does'nt mean God does'nt exist. I still think evlotuion to a point is true, of course it is. I just dont believe it came by by a accident. I would more believe it happen cuz God push it to happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
But why did god wait until just over 2000 years ago to let people know of his existence? and what happened to everyone who lived before that? are they all in hell?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maylian
But why did god wait until just over 2000 years ago to let people know of his existence? and what happened to everyone who lived before that? are they all in hell?

I believe God was clearly known of during those times. People knew there was an overseer beyond our visual spectrum, he made himself apparent in day-to-day happenings. As time went on, and man was finding out just how smart and cunning he was, people simply bagan writing God off, making new imitation Gods out of the elements (wood, stone), worshipping in a sense Gods creation (worshipping aspects of life, sex, inebriation, etc.) but not God himself.

So God did not wait to let people know, they knew from the start of it all. People simply grew tired of God and enjoyed themselves, without so much as a "thank you for my flesh and bones".

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

now you're just throwing out a proofless hypothesis that you won't be able to give any backing for. you're just saying something to explain away things.

the simple truth is that your god started off as part of a polytheistic pantheon, a lowly mountain god that became the main god of a small, nomadic tribe. that tribe then rejected the rest of the gods after a brief stint in egypt during their monotheistic period of worshipping aten, created a BS story about how they were enslaved, and then went out on a genocidal conquering spree because they said their god had promised them some land.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by depth om

now you're just throwing out a proofless hypothesis that you won't be able to give any backing for. you're just saying something to explain away things.

the simple truth is that your god started off as part of a polytheistic pantheon, a lowly mountain god that became the main god of a small, nomadic tribe. that tribe then rejected the rest of the gods after a brief stint in egypt during their monotheistic period of worshipping aten, created a BS story about how they were enslaved, and then went out on a genocidal conquering spree because they said their god had promised them some land.

OK you win! In.. your own mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join