It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: Search Continues for 5 missing Britons(update 2009)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The hunt is in full swing tonight to try to locate the 5 missing Britons feared kidnapped in the Iraq's Sadr City

The 5 missing men are believed to be The four security guards and a computer Expert, The computer Expert is the man the guards where said to have been protecting,

Iraqi and US troops have Cordoned of parts of the city in the attempt to find the men rumored to have been taken by possible Shi'ite members,

He said there was speculation that they could have been kidnapped in revenge for the killing of a senior member of the Shi'ite Mehdi Army militia by Coalition troops in Basra last week.

Though a top official says this operation would have been to large for the Shi'ite Mehdi Army, Who its though may have been angry of the killing of one of the a senior members of the army,

For there Families sakes i hope they are found safe and well,
I guess this may bring about the old argument of should there be security contract teams working there and are they a burden on the Army when they do go missing,

Just a few things to ponder there,

Links to story,
Skynews

AP

[edit on 20-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Bumping my 2007 thread as theres a update!

A new video showing one of the 5 brits who where captured has been shown on Arab TV station Arabiya,

He says: "My name is Peter. I have been held here for nearly eight months now."

Arabiya said the man goes on to call on Prime Minister Gordon Brown to free nine Iraqis to secure the release of the five Britons.

link

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
2009-

Bumping to add new info,

The kidnappers of the 5 brits held since 2007 have today released another vid,

Only one of the British hostages appeared on the Video urging the GOvernment to seure there release,

Li nk

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well sadly an update here from my 2007 thread that is not really good news, It is believed that 2 of the hostages are now dead, The family's have been brought in to a meeting to be told the sad news and that it may take a little time to identify the bodys, Its thought that they may have been killed over 6 months ago..

"They immediately informed the British because they had been told these are British hostages.

"But it is my understanding, the bodies are several months old, that they died - however they died - several months ago, so they will have to be identified by DNA."

Mr Miliband said the government was "working intensively" towards securing the release of the hostages

link

My thoughts are with the family's right now at the very sad and worrying time,

The families have been so brave, My thoughts are with you all, xxxxx
you have stood strong..

join