It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vain Arguments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here's something I've been taught recently that is most beneficial.

One must be born of GOD to hear his voice. Those who either think we are crazy or brainwashed, don't have him. Those who claim to have him, yet deny ANY of his word don't have him. Know who they are and watch them. They don't have him. They are liars. Place nothing of value before them. NOTHING! They are satan's children and are going with him.

Take it from someone who bears the marks of taking part in some of the most moronic arguments known to man on this board.

In reality it was only "me" attempting to do GOD's will for him. Stupidity on my behalf.

If any blind man wants sight, let him seek GOD and find him.

It is Jesus Christ and him alone that does the saving and no debate will prove him to you unless you've been born already. If one's been born already, they cannot help but see the truth because he is in them and bears witness.

Seek HIM. If he choses to open your eyes, it is HIS work and not the work of any man. Not even yours. You will NEVER see him, unless he choses you.

He who has an ear, let him hear.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
Here's something I've been taught recently that is most beneficial.

alright, i'll give it a read...

One must be born of GOD to hear his voice.

are you saying that some people are born to believe and some aren't? or are you saying that one must accept god and be born in a metaphorical sense?

Those who either think we are crazy or brainwashed, don't have him.

....i don't think anyone would say most christians are CRAZY or BRAINWASHED... well... maybe brainwashed in the most benign sense of the word.

Those who claim to have him, yet deny ANY of his word don't have him. Know who they are and watch them. They don't have him. They are liars.

are you saying that you accept all of the laws laid down in the old testament? including the death penalty for everyone that breaks one of the ten commandments, stoning disobedient children, and stoning VICTIMS of rape?

Place nothing of value before them. NOTHING! They are satan's children and are going with him.

alright, you just lost any credibility you had with that last sentence.

Take it from someone who bears the marks of taking part in some of the most moronic arguments known to man on this board.

...the irony of this statement amuses me.

In reality it was only "me" attempting to do GOD's will for him. Stupidity on my behalf.

If any blind man wants sight, let him seek GOD and find him.

It is Jesus Christ and him alone that does the saving and no debate will prove him to you unless you've been born already.

actually, in the bible it repeatedly states that a man is saved by the content of his heart and actions.

If one's been born already, they cannot help but see the truth because he is in them and bears witness.

Seek HIM. If he choses to open your eyes, it is HIS work and not the work of any man. Not even yours. You will NEVER see him, unless he choses you.

He who has an ear, let him hear.

alright, i gave your stuff a read... and it's really not that great.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Seek HIM. If he choses to open your eyes, it is HIS work and not the work of any man. Not even yours.

Nor yours, either.

Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a moron. It just makes them a free thinker who is not trapped in the circular reasoning of a bizarre and hateful version of a religion that for the most part needs to grow up and join the rest of us in the 21st century.

I think that you need to familiarize yourself with the definition of the word hubris:

Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance

[edit on 30-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Vain in the sense there's no point, or vain in the sense of false pride?

Exactly. So if you're not "chosen" it's not your fault. Great insight
and welcome to the club. Ditch the Satan's Children, stuff though. We're ALL God's children. No exclusions. No exclusivity.

Thanks for the best QED on why salvation is universal - for ALL - which is the will of God which WILL be done. So we can relax and concentrate on being excellent to each other. Eternity is taken care of.

Amen.

SR

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
One of the things that sinks your claim is the recent back peddling by the pope and the vatican about dead babies:

news.bbc.co.uk...

How do you gain the voice of God? being Baptised makes you one of god's chosen hmmmm because Gog gave people the power to a few to baptise each other?.... Which amounts to bathing some water on a babies head means you get to join the god club at birth? It's amazing how the few who god 'empowered' soon became the many especially when money is involved.

SR

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Regarding limbo, many 21st Century Catholics are finding it increasingly difficult to accept a merciful God who would exclude infants, who have no personal sin, from eternal happiness (i.e. heaven or the beatific vision). Now the Commission explains that the centuries' old Catholic doctrine of limbo seems to reflect an unduly restrictive view of salvation and is subject to theological development. The Vatican’s International Theological Commission acknowledges that neither the subject nor doctrine of limbo is ever addressed in the Scriptures.

The Vatican’s Commission now admits there is greater theological awareness today acknowledging that God is merciful and wants all human beings to be saved. The Commission continues by positioning that grace has priority over sin and the exclusion of innocent babies from heaven does not seem to reflect Christ’s special love for the “little ones.”

The Vatican’s Commission contends that Augustine’s views are now out of date, as they seemed to promote a restrictive conception of the universality of God’s saving will. There are now serious theological and liturgical grounds for hope that unbaptized infants who die will be saved and go to heaven. If there is no limbo, as this new Vatican document suggests, and the teachings of Augustine and the centuries of speculation regarding the fate of dead babies and children are now being seriously challenged, then Catholic theologians are concluding that everyone is born in a state of grace.

Benedict XVI approved the Commission’s report primarily in light of the challenges growing out of the increasing number of abortions and infants born to non-believers who die without being baptized. The Catholic Church now finds reason for hope that there is salvation for these babies. In addition, as the Commission’s document reports, the fate of unbaptized babies has implications for the church’s relations with non-Christian religions.

Continuing, the Vatican report acknowledges that parents should not diminish the need and responsibility to baptize infants, however in the event of lack, God will save these infants when we have not been able to do for them what we would have wished to do, namely baptize them into the faith and life of the church.

Hmmmm recognises that the idea is out of date YET hold on STILL get baptised but why? we're supposedly all born with grace now...Talk about making the rules up as you go along.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by SR]

top topics

join