It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The butterfly effect conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well i found this out online, it says that the movie the butterfly effectr was based on this.

This is the film that the Bush administration doesn’t want you to see, and not just to avoid Ashton Kutcher’s torrid performance. Because it may well have been significant shifts in the time-space continuum that renegotiated the results of the 2000 presidential election. Rumour has it that the idea for this film originally stemmed from a Floridian man – a Republican – who claimed to be able to supernaturally revisit his past and change his own future. However, when the FBI got word of this, they convinced him to use his power to have him tamper with the Floridian ballots so that his brother could become the next president. Oops, did I say too much?

www.readjunk.com...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wow that's like 5 minutes of typing I will never get back. Anyhoo.

I never saw the butterfly effect, but when I checked out the link you posted I found this clip, about a movie I did mostly see.

1. The Sixth Sense (1999)
The message found in this film is simple: Big Brother is watching you. The film is able to fantastically convince millions of people that they’re being watched – don’t you get it, we’re the dead people – by placing a cute kid as the symbol for government surveillance. The fact that so many people are genuinely surprised by the twist ending suggests that they don’t realize at all the gravitas of the film’s real message: even those that realize that we’re being watched don’t have the power to do anything because they’re, well, already dead. Many people think that Bruce Willis’ moment of understanding brings him peace, but this is just the government working their power; Willis is one of the few freedom fighters left, and his battle has been lost. There was a significant amount of government funding put into this film to use it as a test – to see if people took issue with the cute young child who could spy on every citizen. Unfortunately, the audiences loved it, and the government has been tracking us ever since.

A year ago I would have dismissed this, and wrote it off, however looking into it a bit more, if the interpretation has any merit, then the dead (zombie) people would be the ones who are aware of the survellence society that's watching them, who can't say anything, but would like to reach out to the living.

The living would be the unaware, I guess. I am still trying to figure out how the kid would be representative of a all seeing survellence society, and why Bruce Willis loses, when he realises that he is dead.

Guess I should watch that movie again.

I

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It appears to me that the intent of the author (in the external source provided by the OP) is to be facetious, not to be taken seriously. While humorous, I would not take any statements on that page seriously.

/tn.

[edit on 28-5-2007 by teleonaut]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yeah which was my initial reation, but then I thought I would think it through and see if anything or any portion of it could have merit. I think dismissing things too easily as bunk, or conspiracy junk is what I was doing a year ago, and I am trying to not do that now.

I think the description of the sixth sense, made me want to review it a bit more. Sides I suddendly and unexplicably have an interest in survellence societies for some reason.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If the author isn't trying to be tongue-in-cheek with these, then he's completely insane. seriously. the assertions he makes are completely ridiculous, and he doesn't back them up... at all. My first instinct after reading this was to check if it was posted on April 1, but I couldn't find a date attached to the article itself, just the comments.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker
If the author isn't trying to be tongue-in-cheek with these, then he's completely insane. seriously. the assertions he makes are completely ridiculous, and he doesn't back them up... at all.

Agreed, the number 23 one is just way too out there. Do you really think big movies like this are a huge conspiracy, cmon now. The website's name will tell you exactly what this article is

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

If the author isn't trying to be tongue-in-cheek with these, then he's completely insane.

I am currently withholding judgement on the sixth sense movie. I did see 40 year old version, but I can't proove or disproove his theory on that one either. It's plausable, but there is nothing that comes at me in the movie that really says that is what the real underlying theme was.

I just no longer judge if possible. Also even if he get's some of these wrong, he could get some right.

Hi Mushroom Fields Forever

Yeah I noticed that too, but I also realise now that it does not mean the assessment of the movies have to be all off. I always thought the matrix was just some sci-fi flick.

new topics

top topics

join