It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAPTCHA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi,

I just signed up. Since some weeks ago I have been registered in tinWiki, which is a really great website in my opinion. Anyway, this comment is about a thought I had after seeing the spam that infests the website quite frequently.

I assume a good deal of the spam is posted by "bots" and so I wanted to just mention what is called "CAPTCHA", the visual (usually) test done to see that posters are human and not one of these spam bots. Of course I noticed there was such a test for signing up to ATS right now when I signed up. Maybe it would be worth considering whether one of those could be installed in tinWiki to keep the site tidier.

Optimist

P.S.

Anyway, it's a little odd as well as exciting to sign up to ATS, I guess it's because I have seen the site now and then and know it's quite famous so to speak, and also I'm generally not a "forum guy".

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
That is a great solution for automated spambots. However, I just don't know if it would interfere too much with the workings of the wiki. I hate the spam as well, but too be honest between just a few of us, zero has been getting through for very long.

I am glad you signed up here, this is a good way to contact editors as well if there isa real emergency. Thansk.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Great site. Can truly help clean up basically any site. Dirty, rotten, spam-bots!!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It is definitely something to consider. Earlier some spam bot came and was changing its ip every time it made a change. Sometimes within a minute of one another.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies, William One Sac and Eluna,

It was just a thought I had, really I agree that it seems like the spam problem is under control lately.

Optimist

top topics

join