It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic voice phenomena

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
How can we explain the mysterious voices that appear on tape from no apparent material source? Can they truly be the voices of the surviving dead as many people believe or, do they somehow emanate from those present at the recording sessions?

Here are some links:

www.alphaland.com...

www.prairieghosts.com...

www.crystalinks.com...

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by blobby]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well this is a fairly well ignored topic on ATS. Electronic voice phenomona is one of the topics in which the threads don't usually get more than ten replies, while threads in the mudpit, about gays, terrorism etc usually get an amazing amount of replies.

There may be some hope on the horizon yet though:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
How can we explain the mysterious voices that appear on tape from no apparent material source? Can they truly be the voices of the surviving dead as many people believe or, do they somehow emanate from those present at the recording sessions?

I've recorded a few voices, myself. I can assure you that my voice was not a part of the EVP. I've often wondered if we somehow leave a print on the tape with our minds. Either way, it's not something that can be easily explained away. I strongly believe that EVP's are voices of ghosts. How can we be sure?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What about picking up voices with various receivers?

We have a baby monitor in the house, and turn it on when we lay the baby down for the night.

Pick up alot of strange noises, and even voices sometimes.

Not saying they're ghosts or anything, probably just cordless phone conversations from the nieghbors.

But still, freaky as all hell!!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I had an RCS (Radio Communication System) telephone wich had to be used where I live, I used to hear weird stuff while I was talking... it required a change of hardware. These seem to be anomalies in the electromagnetic field, as written.
These voices... What can one hear anyway? Maybe just interference from gov/mil/police/private/illegal radiostations?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's a fairly easy experiment to do.Anyone can have a go.Just go to bed with a tape recorder and in the morning you can listen to all the spirits talking about you while you sleep.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
could it be voices from an alternate dimesion or universe??

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thats some scary stuff. I was driving home one lonely night and listened to a Coast to Coast Art Bell broadcast on EVP... Scared the be-jesus out of me!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
It's a fairly easy experiment to do.Anyone can have a go.Just go to bed with a tape recorder and in the morning you can listen to all the spirits talking about you while you sleep.

seems like a good way to find out what those bastards really think of you

i think it's just cellular phones/radios/etc. i get it all the time at my house, because we have a lot of electric lines around us, and live on a busy street. i'll be listening to CKY at night through my computer, and suddenly hear someone talking about mashed potatos.

let me share 2 stories with you-
1. i was talking to my friend on my cordless phone, and suddenly he stopped talking, and an older man broke through and said in a feminie voice, "I'm uh..making some mashed potatos." then my friend came back on. i told him what had just happened and he didn't believe me.

2. there's a way to pick up all cordless phone conversations within 250 yds. of you using a police scanner. excellent use of prank-calling people(calling and just quoting what they just said
:lol

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
While the possibility exists that some of these voices are caused by radio transmissions from abroad, I do not accept that explanation for all of them.

I have several EVP's that were recorded after I initiated contact with the 'spirits'. For instance, we were in an old abandoned house and I asked, "Are there any spirits here tonight?". Then, there is a faint but noticeable voice that says, "Some of us". Ok, what are the chances of radio transmissions directly answering your previous question...and in a timely manner? I'd say pretty damn slim. Probably less likely than getting a response from a ghost.

I have another EVP that was taken in a cemetery. I was messing around with my EMF meter because it was acting very strange. I said, "I can't get this thing to work." Just before I made that statement, a child's giggle is heard on the recording. That was super freaky.

I definitely believe EVP's are the voices of ghosts.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
my team mainly does research with evp we feel this is one area of paranormal research that is most easily provable...we discount any voices that fall with in the human voice range, and only use 100 hz or below, we also do not use whispered or hard to distinguish voices as we fell these could be alomost anything

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I personally think that Bangin's signature is a typed EVP.

It does appear that many EVP's are answers to direct questions or relate to current situations, which makes me think that it is not interference from telecommunications equipment.

new topics

top topics

join