It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil made father put his baby in a microwave???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Or so the mother of the child says.
At least this baby is ok, but what a sick individual to do something like this.

GALVESTON, Texas — A baby girl was released from a hospital 11 days after police say she was burned in a motel microwave oven.
The infant's mother blamed the devil for what happened, saying Satan compelled her husband to put the baby in the microwave. The devil "saw my husband as a threat" because of his efforts to become a preacher, Eva Marie Mauldin, 20, told Houston television station KHOU.

"He would never do anything to hurt her," she said. "Satan was working through his weaknesses."

Why is this mother blaming satan, and not her husband........
Or does anyone seriously think this is possible?

Mauldin, of Warren, Ark., came to Galveston with his family earlier this month to be a preacher, authorities said. When he first called 911, he said the baby had been burned when he tripped while carrying a pot of hot water in their motel room, police said.

He later told police he put his daughter in the microwave because he was under stress. Police said the infant was in the oven for 10 to 20 seconds while her mother and grandmother were away.

So he doesn't say himself he was possessed by the devil?

Link.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think the father has a mental illness if not why would you put your child in a microwave just because your "stressed"? And the comments of his wife are amusing. How easy it is when the "devil" takes responsibility for any crime we do...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
If the devil = crack coc aine or meth amphetamine then maybe however saying the devil simply told you is a crock of #e.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
In the 80's this couple in Lewiston Maine put their 2 year old daughter in the oven to bake the devil out of her...the smell of burning flesh is what tipped neighbors off who called the police and fire department... the girl died.

The girls parents were determined to have lower than average I.Q's but that was really moot. They had converted to a funnymentalist church and their pastor that their child wasn't listening to them because of the devil in her.

I have no respect for funnymentalists of any ick. None of them, funnymentalist Christianity, funnymentalist Islam, funnymentalist Judaism... none of them are true representative of their respective religions, but perversions of them instead.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well, I guess the devil should make us burn them both at the stake!!

What a load of horse manure that some dolt would blame THEIR ACTIONS on the devil and think that it makes it excusable. I'm just about done with stupid people. Genocide may be our only hope.

Hey!!! Someone needs to add more chlorine to the gene pool!

[edit on 23-5-2007 by kozmo]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
I think the father has a mental illness if not why would you put your child in a microwave just because your "stressed"? And the comments of his wife are amusing. How easy it is when the "devil" takes responsibility for any crime we do...

They both must a have serious mental illness - they were staying in a MOTEL!!!!!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hmmm, sounds like someone does not want to take responsibility for their actions. The main question is this, currently there is a rash of where parents are killing or harming their children. I think that there is a real problem these days and should be looked into, if not it could get worse.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Hmmm, sounds like someone does not want to take responsibility for their actions.

This is exactly the problem with ANY religion. Faith lets people invoke a supernatural entity rather that take responsibility for their own lives. It continually amazes me how many otherwise rational people hold on to these antiquated and irrational belief systems, for no apparent reason other than tradition or upbringing.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Just to follow up this story, here is an interview with the mother of this child.

Video.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian

Originally posted by DarkSide

They both must a have serious mental illness - they were staying in a MOTEL!!!!!

That mental illness is called religion. If you read my cig I think you might understand.

top topics

join