It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the truth was known, would anything be done.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I was never trying to suggest that we all give up and stop fighting the good fight, never. Even if I knew a movememnt was destined to fail I would still back it out of sheer loyalty, sort of a moral imparative.
I just wanted everybody to take a very sobering look at what "may" be the aweful truth. I don't want to kill anyones ambition here, just sort of playing the devils advocate. Thank you all for your replys.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RavenWolf
Shearder,

While I agree with much if not ALL of what you said, I disagree with the attitude. Now, please, don't misunderstand me. I mean you no ill will. I think you're VERY right in your assessment of how apathetic most people are. All I have to say that is not in total agreement is.... Can we actually just give up then? I mean, "If this is the truth you've been looking for, what else is there to find?" (Scully quote) Are we all to just say *Bleep* it and sit on our buts watching tv and eating cookies from now on, because nothing we do matters?

Raven - I take no offense at all. I too do not believe we can just give up and if that's the impression my apologies. I also feel we cannot give up> Perhaps my attitude was not that which i wished to portray but what I did mean to have believed is that people are willing to let someone else fight the good fight. I will stand by what i believe in and I will stand by anyone who believes in what i believe is right, just and fair. Unfortunately people do not see things in a positive way when it comes to going up against the government.

I hope i made sense!

[edit on 31/5/2007 by shearder]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
To me, you made enough sense. I said it...& you said it. What's more to say?!

The good life is too "good" to give up. And most people do not have the will, nor the reason to give it up, even if the reason were staring them right in their face.

[edit on 3-6-2007 by sdrawkcab]

<< 1  2   >>

join