It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More proof that water was once on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The Mars rover Spirit has uncovered the strongest evidence yet that ancient Mars was wetter than previously thought, scientists reported Monday.

The robot analyzed a patch of soil in Gusev Crater and found it was unusually rich in silica. Scientists said the presence of water was necessary to produce such a large silica deposit.

"This is a remarkable discovery," principal investigator Steve Squyres of Cornell University said in a statement. "It makes you wonder what else is still out there."

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
hiroc.lpl.arizona.edu...

Its nice how they tell us how the rovers have found indications of water while theres tons of pictures showing water around the poles and along the southern part of the planet in general.

www.msss.com...

Add the _fact_ that the southern part of the planet has now in the summer temperatures upto +27c it dont take much of an genious to figure out what happens to that frozen water/snow. Not to mention the fact of white cloud formations have been clearly visible on many pictures.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Now looking at that picture from that location... Its not really a shocker they have found "indications of water and maybe even life!?" considering the ground is stained green from what? All the dust in there?

esamultimedia.esa.int...

Seems to me like some active vents spewing out all the stuff they describe in the "news".

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's good we have more evidence that Mars once had liquid water, provides more incentive to send further robotic missions and eventual human missions to the Planet.

As for there being water on Mars currently.

While there is a great deal of water in the form of ice at the poles, and most likely a
good amount existing as permafrost across the planet, there is no liquid water on Mars,
except for the brief geysers, bu the liquid water does'nt exist very long once it hits the atmosphere.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
It's good we have more evidence that Mars once had liquid water, provides more incentive to send further robotic missions and eventual human missions to the Planet.

As for there being water on Mars currently.

While there is a great deal of water in the form of ice at the poles, and most likely a
good amount existing as permafrost across the planet, there is no liquid water on Mars,
except for the brief geysers, bu the liquid water does'nt exist very long once it hits the atmosphere.

So I guess those clouds must be on their way to non-existance then? along with all the snow-ice and melting waters around the poles on the summertime? I would like to know why and how this water would magically disappear. Please explain. Also I would like you to tell me if the water is going "poof" where is the growing polar ice and snow around the polar areas coming from? And how is it that theres kilometers of ice under the poles if theres none on the ground? Wouldnt that "dissappear" also as the poles are clearly melting and loosing over half of their cover during the summer time.

Also I would like you to take a look at this one, I know its black and white but still looks like water to me.

marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov...

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Gonjo]

new topics

top topics

join