It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is gun control going too far...South?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
North and South: '...accusations of Northern "Yankee" interference...'

Recent findings in the Charge from the North, and the resistance of the South, in a epic rerun of early american history, before the constitution!

Quote:
Michael Bloomberg, the multi-billionaire mayor of New York who is considering a self-financed run for president as an independent, is lauded in his home city for the crackdown on guns that has helped slash crime there.

www.telegraph.co.uk...;jsessionid=0UGCFB53D20J1QFIQMFSFGGAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2007/05/20/wgun20.xml

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I see it more as rural/urban, but the number of Republicans in the race who are willing to sell out the Second Amendment is alarming.

Mitt Romney exposed himself as either an idiot or a political whore in the last debate by acknowledging that he supports an "assault weapons" ban and in fact signed one into law while governor.

Rudy Giuliani, for all his good qualities, can't make a cogent statement regarding either abortion or gun control, arguably the two most important issues to the swing vote and the Republican base. In a recent statement, he seemed to imply that you can gut the Second Amendment while honoring the Constitution.

My opinion is that regardless of how strong these candidates are now, if they don't come to their senses, they will be lucky to win the nomination and will have no chance of winning if they do.

I'd rather vote for a real Democrat than one in Republican clothing any day.

new topics

join