It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Or Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sure Australia has lots of space, but after living in the tropics for a combined total of 5 years, in Darwin, Cairns and Broome (and travelling inland frequently), I wouldnt suggest rushing inland just yet. Anyone thats lived in the rural areas in Australia, knows how friggin hard it is to survive in the outback.

Its not like rural USA or Canada, at least 60% of the country is inhabitable, and another 25% is barely habitable. That why most, if not all all our major cities are on the coast.

I can just see people going to setup something in a secluded part of Australia, just to see them die from lack of water, heat stroke, lack of food etc. Not to mention snakes, crocs, spiders and other venomous/dangerous nasties. Oh and water is not easy to come by inland, unless you wanna dig through metres of ruck and sand to reach the underground water table. And forget trying to grow anything, salinity and poor soil are extremely common

And about pigs.....has anyone talking about them ever been pig hunting? They are not easy to catch. Forget trying to shoot them with guns, they are to elusive. Forget knifing them, you're gonna get your tummy ripped open from their tusks. These arent nice creatures, they will fight if they have to. Unless you have a team of well trained hunting dogs, with body armour, pigs arent a guarnteed food source. Neither are kangaroos.....anyone ever been roo shooting?

Unless you have outback experience, or have a guide with experience you are pretty much rooted in the outback.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
"Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie, Oy Oy Oy",

Do i need to say more ??

We have a great country and so many places to hide if needed,if the shi* hits the fan then use your survival skills to find water and food,Nothing wrong with Kangaroo or snake or Bush turkey mmm if cooked right.

If you move over to Canada it is new ground to you? if you have not lived in canada before,and trust me it's dam cold if your coming from OZ

You might move and be home sick and it will be too late to get back I would want to die in my own country

Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie, Oy Oy Oy

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Sorry Oz to say this but we have that many roos it's not funny here in W.A(They say 50 mil+) Australia wide
Roo shooting use to be a nightly event where i worked a few years ago,As for pigs you are correct they are much harder but with time you can get at least one

[edit on 27-8-2008 by duffster]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Sorry Oz to say this but we have that many roos it's not funny here in W.A(They say 50 mil+) Australia wide
Roo shooting use to be a nightly event where i worked a few years ago,As for pigs you are correct they are much harder but with time you can get at least one

Yeah, Im from WA, been roo shooting out near Wyalkatchem. Im just saying that its not as easy as people think. You need decent weapons, loads of ammo....the reds wont fall with one shot, plus if you get close enough to one, you might just get a nasty kick.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KTK

Hey, guys!
you will never find any better place in the world unless you train yourself for a genuine carractor, accepting others without conditions. anywhere can be better and you can live a happy life even in a worst ciromstances.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
im from oz...and from what ive read, you kids have no hope in the bush.....be it freezing in canada, or roughing it in oz....

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I live in Canada and I would stay here mainly because I am use to it and have some idea what you would need to do to survive here. The winter months would be the toughest to get through if you were not perpared ,(ie
had to escape here during the winter time) . You need some type of heat souce and firewood would be you main fuel if not your only fuel.

You cant burn green wood ( fresh cut wood) very well if at all, so your wood has to be dried/seasoned during the warmer months ( may through to sept). Then stored /coverd up to keep it dry through the cold months.

Ya you could hunt for game , but have you really tried it ? For one thing they dont just stand there and wait for you to shoot it ( if you even happen to have enough ammo left). You could use bow and arrow but thats even harder then shooting them. Small game might be a bit easier to catch but alot less meat, so you would need to catch a lot more.

You would need to eat more then just meat to survive long term so planting a garden would be a must. But where would you plant even if you happend to have seeds? You would need a clearing or you would have to make a clearing close to your shellter as you need to tend it and keep the critters from eating all your hard work.
The growing season is from may to september give or take a few weeks.
Then you would need to find some why to store it , or atleast the items that are storeable .

You are not going to just appear in the woods somewhere and everything is ready to use so to speak, there is a lot of hard work to do just to be able to survive. Its easy sitting at your computer to say you would go here or go there but if and when it ever happened most of us would have a major struggle for a few years untill we are able to establish a sustainable " new way of life"

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

That might as well be the only thing Americans will be able to do soon enough since America is a bankrupted country.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyCarterIsSmarter

I'd stay in Australia, in fact personally I'd like to move there. Most places in Canada have snow or are very cold from October up to March/April, which makes survival very hard if your living off the land.

fair dinkum

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by duffster

"Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie, Oy Oy Oy",

You DO mean to write: TNT, Oy! Oy! Oy!

Well. (I forgotten the name of the area, stupid me.) There is a huhe rock in the area which is said to be *rarely* untouched be humans for over 250 million years. The area is in a HUGE forest that rarely anybody visits, some place in West Australia.

If Jimmy really wanted too live in Australia. He would have to watch out for: Crocodiles, sydney riots and alcohol poisoning...(We drink in the morning, afternoon and at dinner time. We drink when we wakup and goto bed. We drink in our homes and just anybody anyplace people spewup...

I have also heard from Prophets and Psychics that the north of Australia would get nuked (WW3). It is ALSO mentioned if Jimmy does not know, that after-WW3 a huge comet-rock from outterspace would hit the earth and cause a mass tidal wave that would destory most parts of the world, even Australia (After the Eastern States of Australia gets the full force from the tidal wave, people would move and live in the center of Australia..Basicly what I have seen-heard.)

NZ? Are you joking... Even Iraq would be a better option then NewZealand, BECAUSE.... (Inrespect to the people living in NewZealand)... NewZealand *IS* sitting, resting on a HUGE Volcano, thatis ready to blow at _anytime_ if and when the afteraffects from the rock from space woud hit Earth, which will cause (Earthquakes, floods and volcanic eruption.)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Don't they advise to stick to what you know ?

I think that's wisest .. stick to what you know

If you know Oz, then stick to it

If you know Nevada .. then stick to it

and so on

Canada's a massive, sparsely populated expanse that gets cold

Australia's a massive, sparsely populated expanse that gets hot

You're likely to kill yourself trying to survive if you wander deep into either

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
No comment.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I would say Australia. If and when Russia does try and over take U.S, the American Goverment woud use nukes on Russa, then Russia would do the same. And isn't Canada in the middle of America and Russia? The problem with Australia is that Kevin07 has already sold Australia to the Chinese Goverment. That being said... The China ever tried to take over Australia, the Chinese people would need to move accross the ocean, they would need alot of boats to ship them here. It would be kindof hard thing to do, because the Australians wouldn't just giveup that easy. Besides, we have N'Z to help us and other countries. And the Gulf stream was shut down after 'Day After Tomorrow'... Canada would have a hard time to find fresh drinking water, because everything would be solid frozen. But Australia with its dry dusty land would have afew small rivers running though the center of the country. Besides, the Aboriginals survived for 80,000 + years in Australia, there is food here, you just need to look for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join