It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need the name for this weapon. Please help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I need to know the name of this weapon. It seems like some WWI vintage rifle, but I can't really tell. Anyone know it's name?

Link to picture:

i175.photobucket.com...

[edit on 19-5-2007 by Impreza]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Looks like some type of cap musket. Not WWI era as they were using Mauser, Springfield and Enfields by that time.

[edit on 5/19/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Looks like a toy. I think they sell those in Disney world.
I could be wrong. Could you post more pics of it? Different angles?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That's the only picture I have. And yeah, I guess it does look like a cap musket. I'm sure someone here knows the name of this gun, so it's just a matter of time until they come in here.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hmm, not sure if this is the same gun, but it's the only one I could find that resembles what I posted. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
Hmm, not sure if this is the same gun, but it's the only one I could find that resembles what I posted. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

en.wikipedia.org...

It is not the 1853 Enfield. For one thing, the Enfield is a black powder rifled musket, whilst the weapon in the linked picture looks very much like an early Arab percussion fired musket, circa 13th century.

I am trying to research Arab muskets, but am not having much luck.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
it's a toy a cap gun i had one years ago if you look at the barrel it's very thin and was only used to shoot cork balls if you check there is no Way to charge the flash pan and the lock is made of pot metal. I'm surprised there is not a matel sticker on it somewhere.

www.piratesoul.com...

[edit on 20-5-2007 by wcssar]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well thanks for clearing that up. Yes, it is the exact same gun, I knew someone here would know what it was. Thanks again.

top topics

join