It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Dreams and then...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hello, I hope I am posting in the correct area. I just wanted some opinions on some things if possible.

My mother died approximately 2 years ago, she was my best friend, not a single fight or argument with her in my entire 43 years. Not only was it my first experience with the death of someone close, but it was my first in 43 years, and was the person I loved most.

There are 7 kids in the family, I was the last one to go and visit her before she died as I was 3000 miles away and everyone else lived right there, the day I had to leave, she died. I was devastated and more than likely still am, and have just learned to live with it. A week after she died, my youngest brother said he had a dream and mom came to him and said not to worry, she was happy and no longer in pain, and that she was going to visit all her children in age order, youngest up. Soon my other siblings are announcing in order, that mom came to them in dreams, and said goodbye, pretty much like the first dream. I am the middle child, she has never come to me. Granted, I had not had ANY dreams in all that time (except one, which I will get to), I was one of Mom's favorite, always making her laugh and call me "that crazy nay nay". I was sad that I had no visit from her. Ok, that's the first thing.

Recently, I had a dream, a bad one I guess, it was the first dream I'd had since she died that I remembered kind of clearly, but..in it I remember a demon or something trying to I guess take over me, in my dream, I started saying the lords prayer, only thing I could think of to help myself. Apparently, I must have been saying it in the waking world also, because my husband woke me up, asking if I was ok, because I was talking out loud, but he woke me because he said I seemed very terrified, he didn't know I was saying the prayer until I told him that, so apparently it was not very clear in the waking world. I remembered it vividly though and I am glad he woke me up, because I WAS terrified in my dream. I seem to recall, but am not sure, I think my mom was in that dream somewhere, before the "thing" came along. Is this weird or a symbol of some type, since it was the first dream (that I know of) that I had since my mom died? I just feel she won't come to me for some reason, but why wouldn't she? She has to know that it hit me harder than anyone else in the family (except my step-dad). She went to every other one of my siblings...but not me. Am I just being weird or trying to read stuff into it? I am not experienced in this kind of thing.

Thank you for listening, and so sorry for the long winded post. Take Care all!

(whew I feel better writing that down)

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here is my two cents.

Since your mother died you haven't been having any dreams. Everyone dreams all the time, even if you remember them or not. You had a dream about an evil presence trying to get you that was so intense it was reflected in the waking world when you recited the Lord's Prayer.

I personally think you are linking this nightmare up with the dreams your siblings had because you feel guilty about not being there. You don't have to feel guity, sometimes life gets in our way of what we have to do, it is just a fact of living.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If she has to come to you...she will. You were her most favoured...right? Sometimes the favoured ones are treated differently...maybe something is yet to happen.

Also, she could have come to your sibling because she maybe thought they were not strong enough...while she thought you were.

The mind is also a powerful thing...it can easily conjure up a mommy. That mom doesn't necessarily have to be your mom.

As for the demon...maybe the above poster is right and it was simply a dream brought about by you blaming yourself for something. Or maybe you think you've done your mother wrong in some way, because apparently she won't come to you...so you think you need punishment...and maybe it's your subconsience mind that thinks this.

Although, the dream with the demon could be very real...and an evil entity is responsible for her death and it maybe wants to send you a warning...or message; like a killer indirectly stating "I killed -insert name-."
I hope I'm wrong about the 2nd thought...stay close to your protector, whoever it may be.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hello, I hope this may help you in some way.

From what you have written about your dream of the demon, and the passing of your mother. It seems to me that the pieces are being put into place and your mother will visit you very soon. I say this because you stated that your other siblings have had dreams of your mother visiting them, yet you have not.

I believe that you dream of the demon was your mother contacting you to free yourself of the possible anger and or confusion on why your siblings have been contacted and you have not. If you cleanse yourself of this possible "loathing" (I hope thats the correct term to use) and are ready for her to visit you, she will.

Now I could never imagine what you have been through and are going through, I can say this. The loss of a family member is a very difficult thing to go through in life, especially if it is your own mother. I honestly believe that if you accept what has happened and hold no ill-will towards you siblings, you will be contacted and you will be reunited with you mother and hopefully be able to come to some sense of closure without stress or heartache.

I hope everything goes well for you, and god bless.

-Droops

new topics

top topics

join