It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more Ignore!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I am all for the Ignore button. I have never used it and never will. I would REALLY like to know if anyone has me on ignore.

I think it would be awesome if you could have a list of people that have you on ignore. How sweet would that be?

See who denied your ignorance?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I truly don't understand why some people question the validity of the ignore button.

I live in Miami, it is a town where the majority of people speak Spanish, I know about 20 words, I pick one up at the rate of about 1 a year.

I actually have the majority of the city on ignore!

There are not to many English only speakers in Miami and many who just speak English move away because the language barrier frustrates them.

People who have moved away and can't understand why I haven't moved away or haven't learned to speak Spanish I simply say...

Hey you know all those tedious conversations you hear a million times a day in the check out line, the water cooler, in the hallways and in the stands that you really wish you didn't have to listen to them...

I don't because I don't understand a word they are saying.

Sometimes people will even appologize and say sorry, we will try to talk in English so you can know what's going on in our conversation...

Hey I would rather get bitten by Dracula please converse away in Spanish really.

If you ever do choose to listen carefully to people, which I always do when I choose to listen...

Most people simply tell the same story again and again and again and again.

Even here on ATS and here on ATS we even break some of them down into their own little groups of Truthers and Skeptics and Tinfoil Hats etc., etc.,

They can post on 35 different threads that are all usually geared to the same 'type' of message, and type basically the same message over and over again.

Most of it is noise and you have to filter through a lot of noise to get the occasional diamond in the rough.

Having said that some of the wisest things I have ever heard have come from some of the stupidest people I have ever met.

99.99999999% of the time it's pure stupidity but they have one gem that they cary around with them that they occassionally let see the light of day.

So yes you never know what you might be missing, but in reality most of the times you do know what you will be missing and that's precisely why ignore is such a wonderful thing...

It's like Rod Steward sings "I ain't missing you at all!".

I don't need anyone to tell me who to ignore, or how I should ignore people I want to ignore, those in fact are the kind of people I love to ignore!

There is nothing ignorant about free will, just how some people use it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Says page 3

yet i see no other posts

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't use ignore although at times I have been tempted. I can understand that some may find the button useful but I find that having people on ignore is like listening to half of a conversation.
I am supposedly on ignore from several members who do not like to lose arguments. One hapless soul has publically announced that I am on ignore so that he doesn't have to respond to my posts. Righteous indignation is his strongest point.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sorry if this is a tiny bit off topic but reading this thread got me interested to see exactly what the ignore button does, so I tried it. Now I'm trying to un-do the ignore but I can't figure out how to do it (I clicked it on the person who started this thread whom I have nothing against).

Any help on how to "un-ignore" someone?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I like to think I can learn from someone elses ignorance and if I ignore that someone then I no longer learn from that someone. But having an ignore button is a security blanket. Some people on ATS say things such as the Holocaust deal that are so absurd and rude and maybe even hurtful that if the option to ignore wasnot there then you may say something that gets you in trouble with the T+C. I have almost hit the button on someone who was not even responding to me. I just do not like the posts that read 'thats bullsxxt' and then thats all they contribute to the thread. But I figured if a Mod let it slide then its ok. Anyhoo ignore or not ignore. You have been given the power.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If you ignore someone, how do you undo it?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
To remove an ignore, go to "member tools" on the nav bar. Click on "ATS account settings" and then "Manage Ignores". There you'll be able to delete the ignore.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I think the ignore button is a good thing. Even though i've never used it i have come very close, thankfully the member was banned and i no longer have to read around his posts. Sometimes someone will actually follow you from thread to thread just to mess with you and there is nothing that you can do except use the ignore button. I would say that for those who have never had to use it and for those who have the sense to know when to use it, it's a win/win situation all the way around.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
"Deny ignorance" is one of the ATS slogans that suggests to use the ignore button sparingly, or maybe the slogan only applies to the mods, coz the button is not present under their avatars, as I found out when I wanted to use it and saw no such button under Skeptic Overdraft's avatar.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeros

Nonsense.

A number of folks are

--exceedingly full of themselves
--they are not greatly given to reason, if at all
--some have very mean-spirited vengeful vendettas toward folks of particular beliefs--frequently against Evangelical Christians
--their tirades are a drag on one's time on ATS.
--It's also a drag to bother at all alerting admin. Admin is busy enough. And most of us are not into recreational whining.

You don't like ignore--

IGNORE THE IGNORE BUTTON!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeros

In the plagiarised words of the great David Silvian, I 2nd that emotion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join