It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cranial Damage Leads To Extraordinary Abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
While surfing news I found this. It has situations where people after a head injury gain extraordinary abilities. Most of us have heard of this before, so here are a few recorded situations where it was suppose to have happened.

The case of Peter van der Hurkos, a painter from The Hague, is good enough to be called a classic. The painter had a fall while repairing the façade of a four-storey building on July 10, 1941. He was taken to hospital. As he lay in his sickbed, Hurkos kept telling his wife that their house was on fire and their son, left all alone at home, was in danger. He sounded so convincing that his wife believed him. In fact, the fire in their house broke out five days later. The neighbors had been informed of Hurkos’ foreboding, and the boy escaped the incident unscathed.

Hurkos had more visions during his stay at the hospital. Those visions came true as though they had been part of a cryptic scenario, which only Hurkos was able to decipher. He warned a nurse that she would lose her purse. And she did lose it a few days later. Hurkos became friendly with one of the patients of the hospital. Prior to his discharge, the guy dropped by Hurkos’ ward to bid goodbye. The painter looked very unnerved as they shook hands for the last time. The guy asked Hurkos what was bothering him. Hurkos looked him in the eye, and declared that the guy was heading for disaster, and would be soon killed by the Nazis in Calver street. Hurkos seemed to be aware of the fact that the guy was an undercover agent of the British intelligence. The painter’s prediction proved correct. The British spy was shot dead one day later. His colleagues had no doubts that Harpos was a Nazi collaborator. Two days later they showed up at the hospital with a view to assassinate him. But Harpos had fled the premises by then. Hurkos could foresee the consequences of their arrival, and he did not hesitate in running for cover.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have heard about this sort of thing before and I do believe that cranial damage can lead to these sorts of aballities but I also believe that the only thing keeping people from doing what seemed to be the impossible is their minds and what has been brainwashed into believing what is possible also I believe that damage that is inflicted to their brains lets their minds do what is believed to impossible

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
PwN
First of all thanks so much for responding.
Second, that is an interesting theory, but a good one. I do feel that believing in your self, or just having a good attitude means so much how things go in life and in just your day to day living.
I would like to think that being brainwashed is not a big factor in making things happen or not, but have been wrong before.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i have cranial damage and the only thing it is good for is not *snip*.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hurkos

Here's a wiki article on peter, it paints a really bad picture of the man, but i don't know. I don't trust wiki that much, and to me it reeks of bias (james randi).

top topics

join