It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotions are the root of all evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Eliminating emotion only removes the human element from your personality at which point you are basically a robot.

Some people, especially when I was younger, used to equate me with a zombie. I have many people say that I have somewhat of an expressional less or emotional less face.

I have emotion, but, I have had so much happen in my life, that I have learned to not let it show much.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Emotions are the language of Instinct. The seven deadly Sins are in fact Instincts, gone awry. So it's somewhat astute to say that emotions are the root of all evil, but fallacious as well. Given it's not the feeling it's what's done with feelings that gives rise to destructive and self immolating necromancy. Or ***SIN***, as the billboards have it.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just want to say

I hate you, I love you, I fear you, I am calmed by you.

Sorry that was my evil twin brother who was bipolar.

The root of all evil is the Lack of emotion - How many evil deads have been acomplished by cold blooded, machines who felt nothing.
Yes bad things have happened because people were "angry", "sad". But great things have happened because of how they felt too.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76

How many evil deads have been acomplished by cold blooded, machines who felt nothing.

I suspect very few. It is easy for an outsider to say that a person is "cold" or "emotional less;" however, only the person in question can actually answer whether he or she was emotional less.

No, most murderers and such gain pleasure from their deeds. That is not indicative of what you describe. That is actually indicative of someone who is very emotional.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join