It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has this ever been thought of before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Could the planes possibly have been carrying bombs?

I remember hearing that when the hijackers took over the planes, they claimed to have bombs on board. Yes, this was probably a scare tactic but it could also have been true, no?

Could the terrorists have possibly snuck bombs on board the planes, which detonated upon impact? Perhaps this is left out of the official story because these bombs should have been detected (or perhaps were allowed on board)?

Would evidence of a bomb be clear after the towers collapsed?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yes, a theory along these lines has been presented before. Well sort of.

I've seen it presented as there were bombs on the plane that detonated on impact. Not that the terrorist put them on there, but the insiders who are responsible for 9/11.

Another is that the planes really were either military planes or civilian planes that had missile launchers on them and the missiles were fired into the bldg right at impact.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well the beauty of my theory is that it doesn't need a government conspiracy and thousands of covert operations to make it work. I think it makes alot more sense my way, don't you think?

Terrorists take bombs aboard and fly into buildings, detonating the bombs. Not entirely unbelievable.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
While an interesting theory, it unfortunately it still doesn't account for the collapse of Building 7, which wasn't hit by any planes and in my opinion is still the biggest 9/11 smoking gun of them all.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athenion
While an interesting theory, it unfortunately it still doesn't account for the collapse of Building 7, which wasn't hit by any planes and in my opinion is still the biggest 9/11 smoking gun of them all.

Perhaps the terrorists had organized something more complex than was first thought?

It's not a stretch to believe that some other terrorists snuck bombs into some of the buildings either...I mean hell, they could have been cleaning crew, employees, anything. I work in a government building and the same cleaning crew is in every night while the building is deserted. For all I know they could be rigging this place to blow and nobody would have any idea.

As for WTC7, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a fairly large hole in the building from where a chunk of one of the towers fell into it, but it has nothing to do with this topic so I'll leave it alone.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
im a little familiar with explosives and it still would have taken a very large amount of explosives and a very sophisticated ignition system which trying to smuggle an electric timer and blasting caps onto a plane doesnt seem feesable imean its possible and setting it off manually at that speed and with the shock of impact would have been impossible so how do you think they got it to explode on impact? they climbed out of the plane and stuffed the nose cone full of potassium iodide crystals?

top topics

join