It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US teachers stage mock gun attack(Updated w/video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is disgusting!
This is disturbing without end.
I would be outraged if my kids were caught up in this.
To put these poor kids through this is wrong.And those who did this should be arrested.This is by definition "terrorisum"!

(BBC)-Teachers at a US school have been criticised after staging a fake gun attack during a class trip, telling children it was not a drill.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Many of the 69 pupils, aged about 11, were reduced to tears when they were told to hide under tables and keep quiet as a gunman was on the loose.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Parents of the children, who attended Scales Elementary school in Tennessee, were said to be furious at the "stunt".

news.bbc.co.uk...

"The children were in that room in the dark, begging for their lives, because they thought there was someone with a gun after them," said Brandy Cole, whose son was on the trip.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Full story here
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 14-5-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There's another thread of this same event.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Video and Raw Story article here
rawstory.com...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oh wow camp fire prank my eye. Ghost stories is one thing but this is way over the top. I still cannot believe they did that. What were they thinking?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Let the public know it COULD happen, and they will bow before the government praying it WONT happen.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by johnsky]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Sighs So its ok to tell the kids that theres a gunman loose? Then frighten them half to death? Then say it was a drill afterwards?After perhaps 10 to 12 students were crying scared out of their minds. Its ok to have a drill but give them a warning that is a drill. Before hand they were told it ws a code red and that it wasn't a drill. It was wrong for that to happen. Would you want your child to be scared to death because a gunman is loose?

Their code red was defined from a local news channel that a person was closeby and they had a gun, knife or bomb.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
God, this is the first time I've been embarrassed to admit that I'm from Tennessee. I don't see how the people/person who came up with this idea convinced the rest of the teachers and staff to go along with this. What if one of the kids had snuck a gun in to school and decided to play hero. Bam, dead teacher, and it would be their own damn fault. I'm not for coddling the kids, but if this had happened at my kids school, someone would be pulling my size 11's out of their backside.

top topics

join