It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia Experiment photograph - Authentic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   

img220.imageshack.us...

I've been coming across a photograph of the USS Eldridge allegedly taken as the experiment was taking place. I find it intriguing.. jarring.. mysterious. Unfortunately though, try as I might, I can't seem to get any background on this photo. Why is the ship and sea in black and white, yet everything else in the picture is green? It is said to be untouched. Just what exactly is going on? The centre of the ship seems to have 'caved in', forming some weird vortex. It's one of the strangest pictures I've ever seen.

Are there any experts out there who can enlighten me on this picture? Is it authentic? If so, where did it come from, what on Earth are we looking at? I remember reading about the crew members melting into the deck and it seems like something to that effect is definitely underway.

Here is a link to a website featuring the picture:
www.phils.com.au...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Is this a joke?

That's a drawing. Nothing more, nothing less.

If I'm missing something, please tell me, but in the mean time I thank you for making my day!

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
wow, must be one of those boring days at work, huh?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
LMAO!

If that is a photo, it is a photo of a drawing.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
While I'm no expert at identifying ships, it doesn't even look like the "real" (actual) USS Eldridge...

And it would be ridiculously easy to fake the image. Saying that it's "an untouched photo" of the U.S.S. Eldridge doesn't make it more believable or less likely to be a fake.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Yes RiotComing, that picture is VERY real. I took the photo a year ago when I was in the philedelhpia experiment. We actually teleported to mars.

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Mod edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by sanctum]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yeah, um that's a photo of a CHALK DRAWING! It is so ridiculously and painfully obvious that it is NOT a photo of real ships - at all! Sorry.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Can we please discuss this topic in a civil manner.

Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Unlike some others, I am sorry to dissappoint the OP, but still have to. That is the USS Eldridge. You can just see the distorted funnel just aft of the signal mast. It is the side view, drawn so that its outline can be identified. Printed underneath the drawing there would have been the specs of the ship. This has been photocopied, scanned and then pinched in Photoshop or similar and then the sky colourised.

Look in any decent reference library at the naval ship catalogues and you will see where the original image was taken from.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm sorry for wasting everybody's time and providing a good laugh. Maybe, the camera couldn't cope with what it was seeing and reacted with the strange filters and colours, that was something I wondered. None of us know what a time tunnel looks like for real, after all. But anyway, fair cop. I'll slink away now and unjam the wedgie from the crack of my humble posterior.

top topics

join