It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornered, people in hostage, what would you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I know this thread will seems sick but what if it would happen?

I've putted that in the survival forum because it would be a question you probably would have to ask yourself sometime in the ``resistance`` type of situation.

We've seen this situation in many movies, but what would you do if it would happen tomorrow? Let's say the country you're living in is invaded by UN forces in the future for world fascist government. You fight them, then you get cornered. The situation is that you're hiding alone or too few to attack, the enemy can't find you but he got hostages that he already rounded up, so to get you he say that if you don't surrender, he'll kill all the hostages starting with little kids/random people/family/friends...

What would you do? If it was people you don't know? Or your neighboors? Or your friends? Or your family? Would you fight or surrender? If it's to go to a slave camp? If it's to be tortured? If it's to be killed?

Would you surrender to save people that have a great chance to be killed or enslaved.. and you would be adding yourself to them if you surrender...

But I know a lot of you will say it can't happen... that you can't be cornered because you're too smart... or that a foreign country or your own country for that matter or the UN forces/NATO/Russian/Chineses forces can't do that... What if it's martial law? What if the world government is ready to go in 10 years?

Just think of it and answer.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If they have communications with you, then they already know where you are and they could just bust down the door and get you.

If it was someone I didn't know, I probably wouldn't care and I would stay hidden. Other than that, I would have to take it on a situation-by-situation basis.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Keep hiding no matter what, chances are if ocupying forces are brutal enough to kill peopel just because i don't surrender then im going to be better off on my own. It may sound cold, and i can't be sure i would do it, but i feel it would have to be done.

I doubt any individual would be such a high prority, unless they're the leader of a massive resistance force.

join