It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-130 Flight Path

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
According to the official report, the C-130 was not "directed" to change course to look for 93. Apparently the C-130 was asked if they could see 93, and they saw the smoke coming up from the ground.

I don't think the flying time is the issue. To me the issue is the coincidence that the C-130 happened to be in the exact spot of both crashes when the crashes happened (give or take a couple of minutes for Flight 93).

The probabililty of this is astronomical, imo. Not only did the C-130 have to be in the same physical location, but it had to be there at the exact time.

This reminds me of the O.J. Simpson case in which he claimed to accidentally cut his finger not once, but twice on the night of the murders.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have always thought that the the C-130 was sent to assist in finding Flight 93 and assisted in making sure it was shot down. Just a theory but it all fits.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick7261
One of the most curious facts of 9/11 is how the same C-130 Air National Guard plane, Golfer 6, was able to visually identify 2 of the 4 planes within seconds of the crashes, even though the crash sites were over 100 miles apart...

What are the odds of that?

That's nothing; two jets hit the WTC but yet three buildings fell.

Just toss it on the overflowing pile marked "9/11 coincidences."

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
You also have to keep in mind that all grounded aircraft only applied to private and commercial flights. Military was exempt. Emergency aircraft (medical rescue choppers) were also grounded per FAA, but I believe exceptions could have been made by requesting permission had the need been great enough.

Long flight plans take advantage of the curvature of the earth to shorten the distance as well that look like arcs when drawn on a flat map. And like an earlier poster said weather must be avoided as well.

C-130 is a cargo plane and carries gear or troops. Odds say they had gear as it would be a long flight for a minor troop movement to Minneapolis from DC and many cheapers way to do it if time were not a factor.

[edit on 10-5-2007 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
You also have to keep in mind that all grounded aircraft only applied to private and commercial flights. Military was exempt. Emergency aircraft (medical rescue choppers) were also grounded per FAA, but I believe exceptions could have been made by requesting permission had the need been great enough.

I'm not so sure about this. Obviously the fighters were exempt from any grounding orders, but it was my understanding that non-essential military, e.g., an Air National Guard plane on a routine return to its base, should have been complying with the no take-off order. Not only did it take off from Andrews AFB, but it seems to have flown directly over Reagan International airspace to get a view of Flight 77 hitting the Pentagon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join