It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious people are ignorant, backward, simple folk.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The way I see it: Humans are the closest things to gods. If aliens exist and are more advanced than we are than they are gods. God is simply the most advanced being in a place or with the ability to affect a place in a godly way. There can be many gods. But there isn’t one all knowing creator who sits on a cloud with a beard and speaks deeply.

Religion is evil. It causes so many problems. So many wars and disputes. So much wasted time, money, energy, and space. We should be focusing on science and the advancement and evolution of our minds and souls. We are spiritual beings. We should not deny that. But we should not subject ourselves to the current form of spirituality called religion which is just mass mind control for the weak minded of Earth.

[edit on (5/7/07) by AllSeeingI]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
We aren't gods, nobody is.

Definition of "god" from Answers.com:

1. God

A. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

B. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.

2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.

3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.

4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.

5. A very handsome man.

6. A powerful ruler or despot.

For the purposes of your post, I believe you are only speaking about the first 3 definitions. The last three are the only ways in which we can become gods.

I'm not knocking you or anything, but I did want to clear up what the definition of "god" is, and people are not it.

IMO Neither is anything else.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
BTW This is a double post with a different header, the other post is exactly the same word for word:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

new topics

join