It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diazepam? Alcohol?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Come on, I am in a "Submarine" most of my life.

OOOOO:-(

HaCKER TQ

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Originally posted by tomquinn

Diazepam (or eq) is the only drug avaliable to help you quit so why does the NHS not give it to you?

My guess would be that diazepam is very addictive. So essentially you would be covering up one addiction with another. It's better to deal with the original addiction only. One addiction or problem at a time. All you would be doing would be replacing the alcohol with diazepam and I don't think that would be a good idea.

Unless you're a relatively long-time alcoholic who will go into withdrawls and delirium tremens / seizures when they quit the alcohol (Gotbaum @ Phoenix anyone?). To make sure the alcohol rehab patient remains ALIVE, you need to administer a sedative/tranquilizer for the first few days of no alcohol.

So its not covering one addiction w/another, sorry.

Now if you use the Diazepam for a year afterward daily, yes you switched addictions. Dont use it longer than 2 weeks, youll be okay.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't know about addictiveness.. I seem to have a good handle on my benzodiazepines. Last time I took a Valium was two weeks ago - 10mg. Had trouble sleeping... thinking too much.

Sometimes the Valium backfires, though. I end up not sleeping

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i used to find diazepam in metal gear solid and take it before sniping because it was snowing and my scope would move all around all crazy and stuff but when i took the diazepam i stopped shaking and i was able to own sniper wolf

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
my thoughts are 5mg's is nothing....
i take much more than that daily.

i think it is good that the doc is not giving you benzo's cause untill/unless you kick the booze, chances are you'll be drinking and popping the benzo's.

get into a program or something dude....
suck it up and go through the detox effects.

it blows but i feel for you...over the years i have detoxed off a couple meds and i felt like i wanted to die.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join