It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sixth grader admits to killing ducks with pencil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

A sixth-grader stabbed to death a mother duck and two ducklings that had nested near a school, distressing the other children and alarming officials who said the boy needs mental health treatment.
Students at Wilbur Middle School had named the mother duck Lucy and were monitoring her and her brood, making sure no one disturbed the nest in a grassy creek bed. Their mutilated bodies -- stabbed with a pencil -- were found this week.

www.cnn.com...

Every couple days a new story on a twisted act commited by a child. What is happening to children these days!?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Kids were just as violent and messed up when I was young. The boy across the street had a BB gun and shot a toad in my yard once just to upset me. I (hate to admit it but it happened) set fire to a spider once to see what would happen. My step brother caught a scorpion and sprayed it with RAID to watch it sting itself to death.

Kids don't understand life and death, not really. That's just for starters.

They want to understand how things work, and maybe see death happen for themselves. For seconds.

For thirds, kids who are in pain often have no empathy for others and want to take their own pain out on something else. I think that's what it was with me, aside from morbid curiosity.

I can't speak for other kids and adults that were these kids, but for me, that one instance of setting the spider on fire really gave me a guilt trip. I felt terrible about it. I was about eight years old, maybe ten.

I think it's better kids learn these lessons on something lesser than a human being. It's too bad it happens, yes, but it happens a lot. I think it's a normal rite of passage for some kids.

However, stabbing the mother duck and her babies was more than that. That was a cry for help. That child needs some attention and some mental health counseling ASAP.

I think stuff like this happens, and has happened, all the time. What's new is the ability to report it widely, quickly and with spin.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well... I dont see how this is different from any other young boy, kids I knew blew up bullfrogs with fire crackers. Lots of young kids (though I am pretty sure its mostly boys) commit all kinds of savage acts on animals, I wont go into detail about my childhood, but I was just another one of the boys. This really isnt that bad compared to some things, call me up when a kid does this to... lets say, something larger then a duck, like a dog, or another kid.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

but for me, that one instance of setting the spider on fire really gave me a guilt trip.

Doing this is kinda like rape. It's a different form of power that the kid feels he lacks.

Me personally, I lived on a four lane street and the dead cats streatmeat was morbid enough of experience for me. They always got tagged. I had one cat that would never cross the street, but would go check out the dead ones.

I never knew if she was curious or morning the losses.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Today they stab ducks with pencils, tomorrow they stab humans with knives. :shk:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
Today they stab ducks with pencils, tomorrow they stab humans with knives. :shk:

Exactly. Cruelty to animals when young is a major precursor to violence later in life, ranging from spousal abuse to even serial killing.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
well i've seen alot of those serial killers documents ,and some started by mutilating animals in a very young age, take jeffrey dahmer . he enjoyed the sound of animal bones as they fell , , i wonder wha reason this kid had lol

new topics

top topics

join