It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is good and evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was thinking recently again and demons and negative entities, and what the experiencers of these frieghtening creatures were doing to be attacked. Or if these beings are really real. Some people say that they are created from good and light, evil and good. But how can you say that when what we see as good and bad might not be what it seems? Someone i know had a good conservation with me about not to long ago, and he spoke of how some murderes don't murder to be evil but the action in which they murdered is evil. Some people say that there's as many demons as murderes but is this a safe assumption to say? Most murders or thiefs have reasons why they did this, the thief might not have enough food to eat or the murderer just dealt with his emotions in a way that wasn't the right thing to do. My question is, how truthfull are these people that talk about these things, can we truly rely on what they say when we die or maybe astral project ourslves? Maybe it's all in our head, what are your opnions?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I, like you, have problems believing any one theory, especially if that one theory rules out all others. For instance, life after death and reincarnation.

I have no clue if these things are real. I believe in the soul and that it can live for a long time(maybe not immortal), but I still only believe in certain things, but I cannot prove them, to myself or to another. A belief is just that. It is nothing less, nothing more.

Basic principles of right and wrong have to do with perception. Although, some things are considered wrong/evil/dark by default, because of the act themselves or the reason behind the act. If someone kills another because he and his family are starving and saw it as his only option at the moment, he may not necessarily be considered evil, or bad. he may have done the wrong thing to most people(the act was wrong, the reason behind it may not be).

There are some serial killers that will not kill certain people, because most serial killers target specific people that they see something in that they can consider them a target. When dealing with demons and the likes, I try to think of it that way, with some diffences here and there(maybe there are serial demons, lol).

Some people believe that our ancestors guide/guard/protect us. I also believe this, because apparently one being is not doing it. If this were so, won't there be billions of people with peachy/nearly peachy lives?
I believe that my demon could very well be your protector and vice versa. I cannot prove this, it is just a belief. Why can't a demon be mean to you because he likes doing it? Like a bully...lol. After all, they are considered petty in some places. Lol

Some people claim they see Angels, Jesus, God even...maybe they do, maybe they don't. Even if I see God with my own two eyes I will be very doubtful, because I think too much(& it's a problem).

If I see God, do I have proof for myself that my brain is working properly & I did not experience some sort of temporary neurological malfunction?
I do not know. Maybe the matrix is very real...and what we think we know is simply that...a thought. I have no clue. The way my mind works can be an obstacle and can even hinder me throughout parts of my life, but I do not let it. What I see can actually be real. Better to live for it than queestion every aspect of it and not live at all.

Either way, perspective plays a large roll in this and your beliefs, whether they are just beliefs, or right beliefs. I think this way because this is who I am, not everyone thinks the way I do. I did answer your questions, just told you what I believe...because like I said, neither of us knows anything.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Good and evil is a duality created by mankind. There is no universal right or wrong. This duality is created to make things easier to understand for those who can't look further.

Good - evil, light - dark...it is all in the eye of the beholder and nowhere else.

Good vs evil explained in detail

The same principles are applied to judging entities as demons or angels. What some see as angels I percieve as childish nuisance demonic slaves without a free will (demons) and other such things.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by Enyalius]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You know, I have many practical experiences with evil, and with the good.

During the course of my life - my work, I have had the occassion to meet with, and interview serial killers like westly alan dodd before his execution, Eileen Wuornos, K. bianchi, and a few others. I have crossed paths with men and women convicted of the most heinous crimes, as well as a whole slew of racists in the form of KKK Grand-Ds, Neo Nazis, and Aryans.

I have also stared into the eyes of 12 and 16 year olds, who have murdered over the simplist disputes, for fun - for the thrill of it. And I have survived numerous attempts on my own life, at the hands of evil men.

And you know what? I have seen demons walking in the flesh of men and women.

I'm not trying to be a braggart, and neither do I have a puffed up opinion about myself. Whether you believe me or not isn't important. I just wanted to give you a frame of reference for my imput to this discussion.

Evil, is the absence of light. One of the misconceptions about this material universe is the false notion of ballance - meaning, "In order for there to be good, there must be evil."

Well, in the realm of the True Light, where the Source of all Light (Not the false light of the sun or stars) is manifested, evil does not exist. Goodness does not need evil, but evil needs the light. In this material universe, evil is an imposition upon the true light beings trapped here. The true light beings are not here to learn. Everything we needed to learn, we learned in the first 10 seconds we appeared in this material universe. We learned that this is not home!

Since then we have been trapped in a continuous cycle of birth and death. True light beings are actually prisoners here, waiting for the rescue mission to leave this realm, which is actually underway as we speak.

Over the course of this linier existance, many of the original true light beings trapped here, have given over their will - their light, to the false light beings. So they are in essence walking, talking physical shells in which there is no light.

And their existence is like that of charactors in a video game you controll with a joy stick. Only, the controlling force is the power of darkness, which exists here on earth, and in the astral plane. Their purpose is to beat you down until you willingly give up your light. Your pain, is energy. They use the energy generated by the light to keep this matrix - this illusion running. Yes Matrix. The Wachowski brothers are actually true light beings, presenting a fictionalized version of this material universe.

It is easy to spot a true light being. You see the light in their eyes, their hearts, (which is manifested in acts of love - without the slightest expectation of rewards, or praise) and in their physiognomy. It is impossible to fake physiognomy. Each of the serial killers, and murderers, child molestors, rapists, racists, and demons I mentioned previously, had not the light in their eyes, and certainly no love in their hearts for any-thing.

Love, to them, is associated with a need, or a desire, or in the controlling of another entity, human or animal. They have a passion for chaos, fear, inflicting pain, for the sight and feel of blood on their hands - the taste of it. Many of them express being sexually arroused by the frenzy of the act of murder, the sensation of the life slipping away.

Some are just numb, unfeeling, mechanical, methodical drones, going about business with a workman like attitude. No right or wrong. Only the rightness of the act.

At this point in our linier history, those who are true light beings know who they are, and know the difference between themselves, and the dark brothers and sisters. The dark brothers and sisters believe in nothing, but the end of life. And at the end of this life, they will achieve exactly what they believe - nothing! And this is the ultimate expression of evil, choosing nothing, over the good - the Light!

Peace

[edit on 4-5-2007

[edit on 4-5-2007 by eyespy2]

new topics

top topics

join