It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly Mark of the Beast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Supermarket cards and retail surveillance devices are merely the opening volley of the marketers' war against consumers. If consumers fail to oppose these practices now, our long-term prospects may look like something from a dystopian science fiction novel.

A new consumer goods tracking system called Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is poised to enter all of our lives, with profound implications for consumer privacy. RFID couples radio frequency (RF) identification technology with highly miniaturized computers that enable products to be identified and tracked at any point along the supply chain.

The system could be applied to almost any physical item, from ballpoint pens to toothpaste, which would carry their own unique information in the form of an embedded chip. 3 The chip sends out an identification signal allowing it to communicate with reader devices and other products embedded with similar chips.

www.spychips.com

Sounds a bit scary to me.

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've read more and more about this technology throughout 2003, and I guess it's only a matter of time till science fiction meets science fact.

The scary thing is, is that there *is* a large chunk of society who believe in the "I have nothing to hide" syndrome - "I have nothing to hide, I'm not a criminal, or a terrorist, so I don't mind".

These people are fooling themselves.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Id think this is inevitable, and it can be covered up by a supermarket chain as a way of reasearching what people buy to prevent stock shortages and stuff. Science fiction meets Science fact

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Possibly this :

www.tldm.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
if you want to sell your products through walmart, all items must be chipped by 2005.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This stuff is getting disturbingly popular with government, the whole idea of tracking and reducing the privacy of people. Look at the new fingerprinting scheme that will be introduced in the US, this is mainly for people travelling in and out of the US.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yep, it seems that at least some of the authors of the Bible, had some genuine prognostic ability....

Something about nobody being able to buy or sell, without the mark, comes to mind...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
the mark is supposed to be on the hand or on the forehead not on products.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The dark lord is master of all physical thus all must be marked as his' property.

So true for the body in the time of the tribulation.

the method does not matter as much as the fact.

to resist prepare to starve to death or even be killed.
that is your choice, but taking the mark will not damn you in the eyes of god if it did then we would all be damned right now living in the present world.

take the mark if need be but do not surrender your hearts to darkness, but keep a light in there.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Charlie it starts with products. remember when chips first started coming out, they were for your pets, then it was, won't chipping your children be great for finding missing kids, then your credit cards, etc. now it's on to products, and after that us, it's all used to make us think it's OK for chips to be in our everyday lives and let go of this fear of being tracked. It will be a hard sell, most people with any brains won't be taking a chip but I'm sure that some people will think it's a good idea. It is my belief that an event or something will happen where people will think it's OK to be chipped, hell they might even demand it.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
When the Bible mentions the mark being in the hand or the forehead that could mean symbolically the ' use' ( hand ) or the acceptance in the mind ( head)..as opposed to an actual physical mark on the body. In other words, if someone is using a system that accomplishes the goal of the mark or has accepted as valid the system used that accomplishes the goal then that would qualify under the Biblical description. just a thought..I am surely no scholar on the subject and am just thinking out loud.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Oh Lord, I'd never give my kid a hand chip. Instead of finding more kidnapped kids, we'll be finding more severed hands

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
yeah i guess you have a point there.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I recall years ago reading that Prince Charles and his sons were the first people to take an implanted chip..ostensibly to be able to track them if kidnapped. Has anyone esle heard this? I would NEVER take or allow anyone in my family to take an kind of chip or identifying object anywhere in or on their bodies..thats too close to the biblical warning for me.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Sounds like the super elite exploit everything, including the capacity to introduce hopes and fears from interpretations and allegories from the Biblical apocalypse. Harping on the end times endlessly, the carrot of salvation chases the needless war of destruction. Maybe getting too captivated with these religious beliefs out of context with the big picture of simply reaching out the nearest person with good acknowledgment, is the problem.

The current slavery scenarios are indeed frightful, but these people will never win as every master becomes worse off than the slaves he thinks he has. Just put a mirror to it already, and show what losers these controllers really are.

The "official religion," is too selective. Think freely without becoming a "freethinker."

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
RFID... It has already been posted so many times.

Please, try to use the ATS search engine.

top topics

join