It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. starting world war 3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Is it possible that all of the fights it would seem the U.S. has been persuing as of late (Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Afganistan, etc.) has been in an attempt to stir up a third world war?

At first thought it is seemingly bizarre, but once you think about it for a little while it could make perfect sense. The history of the United States shows that wars have helped the economy and financial state of the country over and over again. Hell, world war 2 single handidly pulled us out of the great depression. No small feat.

Well I've been thinking about this and was wondering if some of you could give me your insite into the matter.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajw72
Is it possible that all of the fights it would seem the U.S. has been persuing as of late ....

1 - We are already in WWIII - it's the war against radical Islam/Terrorism -
2 - America was ATTACKED on 9/11. We retaliated. We didn't persue it. It came to us.

3 - Bali, 7/7, the Spain and England train bombings, the USS Cole, the Embassy bombings, etc etc ... any of that sound familiar? Those were brought against us and our friends by the radical Islamics. THEY are the ones persuing war .. not us.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
2 - America was ATTACKED on 9/11. We retaliated. We didn't persue it. It came to us.

Well I'd love to think that this were true, however, the fact is that the united states was attacked by a radical group of muslims and they were narrowed down to being within the Afgani borders, which has nothing to do with why we're at war with iraq, so get the facts straight alright? Weapons of mass destruction are why we went to war in iraq... and what about north korea, what do they have to do with 9/11?

Id love to think that the only reason all of this has been happening is the attacks on the uss cole and on 9/11 but the truth is that has very little to do with it.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Both World War I and II were used to bring about massive social and economical change. Each of these wars were fundamental in shaping the world as we see it today. 9-11 was a pretext for a global war on terror, and with it came the US's ability to wage war all over the globe where ever they see fit.

The next world war if there is one, will also bring about this massive social and economic change. However with the threat of total nuclear annailation, I don't think the powers that be truly want a global war with alliance drawn up. Instead they are attempting to change the world by imperialism and with fear with their global war on terror.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajw72

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Well I'd love to think that this were true, however, the fact is that the united states was attacked by a radical group of muslims and they were narrowed down to being within the Afgani borders, which has nothing to do with why we're at war with iraq, so get the facts straight alright? Weapons of mass destruction are why we went to war in iraq... and what about north korea, what do they have to do with 9/11?

Id love to think that the only reason all of this has been happening is the attacks on the uss cole and on 9/11 but the truth is that has very little to do with it.

I don't think they were ever "narowed down to being within the 'Afgani' (sic) borders". The mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, Khaled Sheik Mohammed, was moving around and ultimately captured in Pakistan. It is known that bin Laden moved between Afghanistan and Pakistan. al Zarqawi was known to have been in Iraq, receiving medical care in Baghdad and establishing an al Qaida training camp in Northern Iraq, well before the Iraq invasion. The point is, al Qaida was and continues to be a global organization with roots in over 60 nations. They have attacked our interests in countries from Yemen to Saudia Arabia to Somalia, and everywhere inbetween. To say that the organization that attacked us on 9/11 was entirely in the confines of Aghanistan is a narrow and incorrect view.

WMD are not the only reason we invaded Iraq. I think it was just the most serious concern as far as our national security went, at the time. Even the intelligence agencies of nations who were outright against the invasion of Iraq believed that Saddam had these weapons. He violated over 16 United Nations resolutions. He provided no proof that he disabled and destroyed his WMD. His military was firing on coalition jets patrolling the No-Fly Zone on a daily basis- an act of war itself. He was openly funding terrorism, providing the families of Palestinian suicide bombers $25,000 each, among other things. Although there is no proof that Saddam was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks, there is confirmed evidence and proof that al Qaida had numerous contacts and meetings with members of Iraqi Intelligence. Those are the reasons, among many more, that we finally invaded Iraq after years and years of international defiance by the Saddam regime. You'll also notice that I failed to mention his horrible human rights record, including the murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children. Not to mention his willingness to attack his neighbors without provocation (Iran and Kuwait).

As for North Korea... they have nothing to do with 9/11. No one has alleged that they do. But we're allowed to have issues with other nations that weren't involved in 9/11, or is there some new rule that I don't know about that prevents this? North Korea is in posession of nuclear weapons which violates the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, as well as other treaties and agreements made with North Korea by the Clinton Administration. In addition, they are the most evil and ruthless regime in the world. They take international aid intended for their starving citizens and use it to feed their military. They sell missiles and other technology to nations who are state sponsors of terrorism. They have engaged in the kidnapping and torture of Japanese citizens. North Korea is the largest producer and distributor of counterfeit U.S. currency. Not to mention their involvement in the smuggling of heroin and other drugs. They have so far avoided any peaceful resolution of the nuclear issue, despite involvement from nations such as China, Russia and Japan. They have shown their willingness to sell anything to the highest bidder.

Are we to wait until North Korea provides nuclear weapons to a group like al Qaida? Or should we just trust a clearly troubled, and possibly dillusional/insane dictator such as Kim Jong Il? But I'm sure you believe we should just leave the North Korean regime alone and continue to allow their citizens to eat rats, dig up and eat the remains of humans in cemetaries, work in forced labor camps and ultimately starve to death.

I think you need to wake up and realize that EVIL does exist in this world. Not everything can be changed simply be discussing things. You can't always take the diplomatic route when you're dealing with people who are completely irrational, evil or following a perverted and radical version of their religion.

These people want us wiped off the face of the earth. I think that it is YOU that needs to learn the facts. Not everything you read on ATS is true, especially that coming from the Bush-bashers. Just because they provide a few links doesn't make their contentions true. It almost seems like the burdon of proof on this site rises and falls based on someone's personal agenda.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Excellent post Rasputin13. If I still saw it, I would give a vote for that way above award. Thanks for shining a light and filling in extra information many conveniently seem to forget.

As far as the US economy goes, I don't think I can handle any more work than I'm already doing. I'm already running on all cylinders where I'm working at due to a very busy economy.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I sure hope so. We need to get rid of a few billion people within this century. We don't need Russia, "Made in China" can be replaced with "Made in Mexico", India and Pakistan won't be missed, North Korea, the entire middle east, Africa is a dump and if we still need a few more dead people we could always get rid of South America. It might be morally, politically and religiously incorrect but we seriously need to start controlling population growth. I have no problem with pushing the red button, I'll even sacrifice a few of my own relatives.

top topics

join