It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New Toy (Digital Media Box)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A gadget for the geek who has everything.

I won this puppy on EBay and I L O V E it.

www.svp-tech.com...

It is so convenient! I've figured most of it out, used the movie, picture, and voice recorder modes so far. I took my kids to the zoo today and it was so much easier dealing with this thing than with my much more expensive Mini-DV camcorder.

There are some drawbacks. It's cheap. The lens is pretty low quality -- despite the claims that the mechanical lens is faster than a digital lens, it is most assuredly NOT. My digital cameras are faster than this one. The picture quality on the movie isn't primo. The flash is very weak. I haven't yet been able to get the USB connection to work properly with my computer (since it's all stored on SD card, it doesn't really matter). But all in all, I think this is a wonderful thing to have, and I hope that they build some more advanced ones in the future. If they ever produce one of high quality, I'll be all over it like white on rice.

(For the mods, this isn't meant as an advertisement, rather, a brag. Nobody at the zoo noticed how cool my toy is and I'm looking for some "oohs" and "aahs." )

join