It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario Children Are Being Told To Flick Off

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Clearwater, I certainly agree with your sentiments here. Duckster can tell Dalton to 'kiss me arse', and it's really quite poetic in its context. But for the government to promote casual vulgarity...and the 'f-word' is still a pretty loaded one...sets a really poor example.

I don't even try to tell my 15 yr old not to swear. Why set him up to be disobedient? But I insist that he not swear around me. That teaches him awareness of propriety. Dalton can kiss me arse, too...idjit!

[edit on 27-4-2007 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Must be why they call him Dalton McStinky

They're all toady's for the real power = $$$$$$$

It's not only that it's demeaning, it's the diversion from that real facts of power wasting - All the shops that are -30 in the summer with their doors open.....

How can they afford it since Harass?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Wow that is so funny haha.....

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Clearwater, I certainly agree with your sentiments here. Duckster can tell Dalton to 'kiss me arse', and it's really quite poetic in its context. But for the government to promote casual vulgarity...and the 'f-word' is still a pretty loaded one...sets a really poor example.

I don't even try to tell my 15 yr old not to swear. Why set him up to be disobedient? But I insist that he not swear around me. That teaches him awareness of propriety. Dalton can kiss me arse, too...idjit!

[edit on 27-4-2007 by JohnnyCanuck]

Thankyou Hon!

I don't promote vulgarity with my kids as well...but in this case:

"Kiss me FREAKIN arse, McStinty/McStinky/McWhatever... and LIKE IT!

I appologize again... LOL (snort laughing now)... Sorry.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by TheDuckster]

[edit on 27-4-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I don't even try to tell my 15 yr old not to swear. Why set him up to be disobedient? But I insist that he not swear around me. That teaches him awareness of propriety.

This has always been my policy with kids, you know they're going to use curse words, it makes them feel powerful. It's part of their right of passage to adulthood.
Your job as a parent is to teach them were they can use those words.

It may be OK to use that kind of language when you're out with the mates, but using it in front of your Gran, or in public with the family, that's grounds for immediate punishment.

It all comes down to respect, and if you can instill that in your child, you've been a successful parent.

It may be a catchy campaign, but I don't think the government is being responsible in supporting something so obviously blatant when aimed at children.

If they don't change the name, I bet they change the font for the logo.
Anyone want to post a prediction on the date they change the name or font of the program......

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

I don't even try to tell my 15 yr old not to swear. Why set him up to be disobedient? But I insist that he not swear around me. That teaches him awareness of propriety.

This has always been my policy with kids, you know they're going to use curse words, it makes them feel powerful. It's part of their right of passage to adulthood.
Your job as a parent is to teach them were they can use those words.

It may be OK to use that kind of language when you're out with the mates, but using it in front of your Gran, or in public with the family, that's grounds for immediate punishment.

It all comes down to respect, and if you can instill that in your child, you've been a successful parent.

It may be a catchy campaign, but I don't think the government is being responsible in supporting something so obviously blatant when aimed at children.

If they don't change the name, I bet they change the font for the logo.
Anyone want to post a prediction on the date they change the name or font of the program......

Anxiety?

You're right. We have to be serious when it comes to disciplining our children. I agree totally.

These children are OUR future. What we 'instil' in them today reflects our tomorrow.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join