It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen Venus lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right section, but I'm sure we have a few star gazers in ATS so I figured I'd let everyone know that Venus has been extremely bright the past couple of nights. Venus, often referred to as the Morning Star has been lighting up the sky and its a great find for anyone with a telescope. When you stare at it for a long time, it gives the impression of movement, but rest assured it is stationary. I figured I'd give everyone a heads up if you are interested in this type of thing because I'd guess it will be bright for at least another day or two depending on your weather. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yeah, extremely bright I noticed. Must be quite close at the moment. I used to have a great link to planetary positioning in real time, but can't find it.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The skies have been exceptionally beautiful andfull of light in the past couple of weeks. I love star gazing, and I have been soaking in Venus for days as she sits right out my front door and I can go out on my porch and listen to the silence of the night as well the whippowhils and owls. It was so bright last full moon and venus right next to it (always a good sign for romance)that the birds here continued to sing all night long. The crisp clean prespring air, oh yes perfect for night time and star gazing.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have seen it every night for quite some time now. It's awfully bright.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's very bright this year. Brighter than most years I've seen it.
discovermagazine.com...
My views here in TN has been awesome this year. Very evening when viewable I'd stand there and stare at it for awhile.

Here's some other tips for the stars and planet this year.
stardate.org...

top topics

join