It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Should do their part and go GREEN, IMO bs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
All you hear these days is how everyone one should do their share and take part in this new social label we call being green or going green.

The media, the best source of entertainment, has jumped on the band wagon telling us that more people need to start changing their habits, change your light bulbs use more environmentally friendly products. Putting the burden on the people to be more green, help save earth.

side note. the best is when they ask celebrities what they do to be green what people should do... i mean jeez.

But wait a minute, aren't we the costumers of large corporations that feed us all our over consumption in the first place?

I do agree that everyone should do a little, like not drive so much but really its crap.

The reality is that we live in an over production, over consumption age.
Consumers consume so much because producers produce so much.And now because their is so much production the world has turned into a marketing arms race. Ads are everywhere it is estimated that we see 3000 ads a day, surely this has some effect on our consciousness. Ads literally are everywhere encouraging us to consume more.

To solve the Environmental problem we need to sit back evaluate the real problem and take action on it. We can no longer live in a throw a way society. we have to start encouraging corporation to make products that last longer then 1 year. so that we can buy their new product. It is true they simply don't make things like they used too.

We need sound solid solution, want to stop allot of carbon coming out of cars. raise the tax 1 cent a month for 3 years. you will see the amount of driving go down real fast.

Make it a law that car manufactures can no longer use internal combustion engines. Start Fazing them out. make it so you can only sell electric, hybrids , or reproducible fuel.

Quit giving tax break to advertising, there is simply too much of it out there. Make is so only companies that advertises healthy products get tax breaks, maybe obesity will go down.

Quite simply we need to look at the root of the problem. Over consumption.

Capitalism as good as it is, cant last forever.

Start giving tax breaks to alternative fuels (i think its happening now)
Fund researchers that are building Free Energy devices.

The water power car, i mean that was sweet 30 years ago.
Who killed the Electric car... Oil companies

First and foremost we need to stop corporations ordering around our governments.

Going green is BS, just stop buying so much!
who cares if your daughter doesn't have the newest shoes, who cares if you don't have the newest sunglasses, who cares if you didn't buy your extra 24 for the week end. buy a bike. drive less.

If we are not careful, the hidden fascism that is happening right now will turn into, well not hidden fascism but we will be so consumed with "what TV show i missed tonight" you wont even know its here.

PS if you want to lose weight, eat portioned meals and WORK OUT!

then end kinda turned out to be a rant...
those are my thoughts on going Green

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sadly im only concerned about a roof over my head, food in my guts and money to pay for it all and my taxes. Everything else is a distant second. Besides in 100 years i wont care...

You will find I'm not alone in this train of thought.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by rustiswordz]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Sadly im only concerned about a roof over my head, food in my guts and money to pay for it all and my taxes. Everything else is a distant second. Besides in 100 years i wont care...

You will find I'm not alone in this train of thought.

And you will find you will be quite alone in a few years as well.

the dangler, great post and you're right. It is not only an attitude change that is necessary, but a plan of action.

We must understand we are NOT alone on this planet. There are millions of other species that have just as much of a right to live as we do. Yet...we decide to destroy their homes by polluting our OWN homes, this biosphere we call Earth!

Nice to see a like minded individual that isn't so self-centered for a change
!

bs

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
OK then, you can pay for my tax.

join