It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your new website for breaking news

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You now have a new source for all the best news on the Internet (well... soon to be the best) www.ATSNN.com This is a brand-new News Aggregator Portal designed to integrate with the new forum at the top of the forums list, ATSNN.com. The new news site (www.atsnn.com) will replace our old blog-based news portal (news.abovetopsecret.com). Zion Mainframe will continue to be the "Editor In Chief" for the new ATSNN, and the following news staff kicks off the effort: Nerdling, Valhall, and Banshee have automatically been added as reporters for their ongoing stellar efforts with helping to keep the board populated with breaking news. Ocelot has requested to become part of the effort and has also been assigned as a reporter for his long-standing efforts on ATS. Also... Gazrok has been added to the reporting staff due to his two-time Way Above Award winning status, and Seekerof is also now part of the reporter pool after winning the 2003 Way Above Award (receiving the most member votes all year long). The Editor in Chief and reporters are intended to be the primary contributors to new news postings for ATSNN.com. and... Board Admin and Super Moderators are also able to post, however their role will primarily be to move posts by non-reporters into the ATSNN news forum as needed. (I moved a few threads in to help get the topics in the new site populated.) We'll consider requests from any ATS member who has been participating in a quality fashion. Mind you, our efforts with ATSNN.com is geared toward developing a serious and high-quality news aggregator that many will find indispensable. Only reporters and senior staff are able to create news stories, however, once a story is posted, anyone can respond. This should give our community new depth and presence. I've tried to combine the best concepts from Google News, Slash Dot, and ATS into this new news site. If you have any additional suggestions for improvements, please speak up! Enjoy your new news website: www.atsnn.com... [Edited on 1-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OoooOOOooo pretty!
I'm noticing though that the "Terrorism News Stories" sidebar on the right there is being sheared off by a letter or two, and there's no bottom scrollbar.
Ex.: "At least 10 people were wounded tonig" as the first line of the Baghdad bomb story.

*puts on power suit & twirls around in reporter's chair*
-B.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Could you give me a screen-shot of what you're seeing?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Of course its great to see my idea get off the ground and i'm happy with the team, however you'll forever be under my scrutiny!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Screenshot

Let me know if you need it bigger.

-B.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Cool..SkepticO, will a link be added at the top of the page (like another tab next to bts.com/ats.com ?? ) I think that would make it easier and a cool feature

-wD

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee Let me know if you need it bigger.
Nope... fixed it. It should be all better now.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
After some intense contract negotiations, legal hassles, and secret bank account arrangements, we've come an agreement with the new co-editor-in-chief for ATSNN. We're happy to announce that Nerdling is joining Zion Mainframe as co-editor-in-chief for the new ATSNN project. Over the past several weeks, he's show a true passion for digging up news and getting it to the board before anyone else. Also, as many are aware, this "ATSNN" concept was sparked by Nerdling, and accelerated my me because our blog-powered current news portal is simply under-powered for a real news effort. Okay team, get to work!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Nope... fixed it.
It should be all better now.

Excellent.
I'm diggin' the layout.
Now, if everyone will excuse me, I'll be looking for news. Dinner, too.

-B.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So..no new tab for ATSNN???

-wD

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Good Job, nerdling, and SkepticOverlord .

It looks amazing. Its good to see news that matters and counts.

It looks amazing, better than anyother site out thier.

Great job boys

Deep

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
After some intense contract negotiations, legal hassles, and secret bank account arrangements, we've come an agreement with the new co-editor-in-chief for ATSNN.

We're happy to announce that Nerdling is joining Zion Mainframe as co-editor-in-chief for the new ATSNN project. Over the past several weeks, he's show a true passion for digging up news and getting it to the board before anyone else.

Also, as many are aware, this "ATSNN" concept was sparked by Nerdling, and accelerated my me because our blog-powered current news portal is simply under-powered for a real news effort.

Okay team, get to work!

I'm honoured and ready to accept this new role, i pledge journalistic integrity and high standards to our viewers, of course we'll still have that unconventional twist that makes ATS different and that little bit better.

Thank you to everyone and thanks in advance for your help in the process, i look forward to working with Zion in the process of better improving our work!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nerdling: NEWS FLASH!
Per SkepticOverlord:

"UPDATE -- NERDLING

After some intense contract negotiations, legal hassles, and secret bank account arrangements, we've come an agreement with the new co-editor-in-chief for ATSNN.

We're happy to announce that Nerdling is joining Zion Mainframe as co-editor-in-chief for the new ATSNN project. Over the past several weeks, he's show a true passion for digging up news and getting it to the board before anyone else."

Congratulations Nerdling!
See.....seems "patience is a virtue".....as is "gentle prodding"...

Well done and continue with the good work.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well the ATSNN site looks awesome! And congrats Nerdling on your new job as Editor in chief. You deserve it.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

Posters to this site now will have to compete with management or agents thereof for material to compose worthy threads?

I'm not entirely sure this is a good idea.

But I hope it works out all the same.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
So let me get this straight.

Posters to this site now will have to compete with management or agents thereof for material to compose worthy threads?

I'm not entirely sure this is a good idea.

But I hope it works out all the same.

Are you in self destruct mode this evening?

You can throw your petty arguments around wherever you like but when you move into sections of the site that are designed to be drama free then your balls will be nailed to the wall.

Your skating on thin ice tonight, watch it.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Read the names of members at the top of this thread.

Now a lot of things are becoming clear about ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Read the names of members at the top of this thread.

Now a lot of things are becoming clear about ATS.

So your beef is that you werent selected for ATSNN?

We're not elitist, members who displayed an interest were looked over and deemed to be responsible, each of those reporters is a great addition to the site and i'm sure the ranks will be increasing, if you were interested in joining then let your intentions be known, i cant say you have a great chance now though.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Found a bug www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im running a mozilla firebird browser

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
hmmm.....

The new site looks great. I can already see ATSNN doing really well. I think that it would be good to have reporters set for different topics of news within ATSNN. That way more people can get involved and there will be lots of articles for each catagory of news. Just an idea. I would love to involved with this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join