It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying things your s/o does

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What habits does your s/o have that irk you a little ... or alot ?
Now this is not intended to bash anyone, I mean just the little things they do as they go about their day to day routine that you pick up on.

The reason for this is that being a newly wed, my husband and I are still getting into the groove of living together, which is going great ... it's just those little things he does sometimes that make me go hmmmm.

Like cooking for me (which is beyond lovely and I appreciate to no end!) and returning utensils and bowls and things he has used to cook with all to the wrong places. Even after he has been shown where their homes are. More than once.

It's just frustrating to be in middle of a meal and have to send out an APB on the things
lol

Also, contrary to what he (and other men I am sure) may believe, tupperware storage containers are not mixing bowls

So if you have any to share, please do, I am sure I'll be updating this board with more in the future. Let's make this a positive place to unload and vent about the things those we love do to irritate us ... purely out of love of course

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My lady is perfect! She does nothing wrong, and she is always right about everything. She wins every arguement because of her vast knowledge of everything. I don't know why I have encyclopedias. It is much easier to ask her. I never have to go to the doctor when I'm sick, because she knows everything about the human body and can give me a concoction of over the counter medications that will cure me. Did I also mention that she is the best driver in the world? I thought I was a good driver until she rode with me. She found quite a few things wrong with my driving that nobody has ever picked up on. I never knew how horrible my driving was. She is so good at everything, that I should just shut off my mind and do everything that she tells me. My life would be so much easier.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The perfect lady huh?? Lmao that's pretty funny..

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Mine is afraid of saying if theres a problem in case she thinks i might take it the wrong way or something, Not necessarily her fault

Still anything tho

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well I been married for 17 years now. But I remember a lot of stuff from the beginning that got me a little peeved.

Once was forgivable twice I was mad.

He past by the laundry room and I guess he thought he throw a load of clothes in for me. OMG. He picked up the throw rugs and put them in the washer with my good clothes. He came in and said, “honey I did a load of clothes for you.” I said, “thanks.” didn’t think much about it.

Later I went in to throw them in the dryer and do another load. I screamed his name. He came running, “what!” “what is this? You don’t put throw rugs in with clothes of any kind. You don’t do that.”

We talked a while about clothes and the proper way to wash them if he thought he wanted to help. He helped on and off no big deal till a few months later he did it again. I was so shocked and thought we had the discussion on this already.

So we had the talk again. It hasn’t happen since. I guess I got mad enough the second time he didn’t want to go through that again. LOL.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
shar, didn't you have a thread a while back about your spouse cheating on you?

My wife is never wrong. Seldom right but never, ever wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yes, I did. I have updated it too. As of right now were still together. I am forgiving him. He seems to be doing better about telling me things.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
"lol" Dissension, you're killin me over here! Keep your head up dear!

Originally posted by Shar

He past by the laundry room and I guess he thought he throw a load of clothes in for me. OMG. He picked up the throw rugs and put them in the washer with my good clothes. He came in and said, “honey I did a load of clothes for you.” I said, “thanks.” didn’t think much about it.

Later I went in to throw them in the dryer and do another load. I screamed his name. He came running, “what!” “what is this? You don’t put throw rugs in with clothes of any kind. You don’t do that.”

OMG, I feel bad for you just reading this! lol I can relate to this too and you just reminded me of an incident that happened not long ago.

My husband likes to chip in with the chores and I am more than happy for him to do so but I simply cannot allow him to wash laundry anymore

A few months ago I woke up on a Sunday morning to the smell of breakfast cooking, wandered down the stairs smiling and froze as soon as I entered the kitchen. The look on his face said it all.

He said he "kinda" accidentally used the bottle of what he thought was washing detergent because it had pretty pink colors all over it - it was Clorox
(I had bought the springtime fresh thingy ones which I have no idea why I bothered, they still smell like bleach! *sigh*)
He had ruined a load of mostly my clothes (but of course!), which included most of my favorite sweats, and a few pairs of his socks and boxers.

Slightly off topic here - We're in Japan, I am not a petite girl so I can't buy much clothing here and I had JUST bought a lovely pair of Adidas yoga-style sweats back home that I LOVED and I only got to wear them a month

Still, I didn't get mad at him, how could I? He was only wanting to help right ? So now he just knows not to just go ahead and put a load in, he'll ask if I need anything washed and I just look at him so he knows to leave them alone lol
I've politely asked him to leave that chore alone - unless he wants to fold them

Keep em comin ya'll!

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Yes, I did. I have updated it too. As of right now were still together. I am forgiving him. He seems to be doing better about telling me things.

Also, I am sorry to hear (read) of this but am glad you're giving it a go. I sincerely hope it's working out for you both

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well, my husband thinks he can do anything and save us money to boot. All of the plumbing he has done leaks, the roof he did leaks, we go through at least one car truck or van per year, the boat has been in the shop for 3 years being worked on, he picks his nose in his sleep,he slops when he eats untill I look at him, everything he drinks sploshes to the carpet and floors, everything he eats ends up on his shirt ,he seldom helps with chores and he will come in from outside close the front door and fart... he will climb into bed and fart... he will always squeeze one out when we hug, he does it in the isles at the store and if they stink he walks off to leave me the blame. I could go on, but even this is beginning to make me look bad. He does have other qualities but after 10 years marriage he would have to have something to keep me in for the long haul. Forgiveness and overlooking is a big part of my marriage.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
To the guys on this thread.

Do you want to be RIGHT or HAPPY? LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
Like cooking for me (which is beyond lovely and I appreciate to no end!) and returning utensils and bowls and things he has used to cook with all to the wrong places. Even after he has been shown where their homes are. More than once.

Hopefully you are joking.

There is simply no love or true bond in a relationship where such simple trivial matters cause you to feel irritation.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I told my wife that she should appreciate the things I do, even if they are "wrong" or not the way she would do them.

And from this point on, if there were any major critcisms of my style, I would have no problem giving up that particular task.

now, I have nothing to do.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
lol space, nice goin

Steve, as stated in my original post this was not intended to be taken so seriously so please spare me all that. What my husband and I have is a great love and marriage ... if it wasn't I'm sure my ranting on this subject would be alot different and I'm glad that these mundane things are all I have to whinge about. He is appreciated all day, every day

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Farting under the covers while you're there with 'em!

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My husband like to sleep right in the middle of the bed! If I ask him to move over, he sits straight up in bed and yells "Well F--k!" Or "son of a B--ch" (I told him to stop talking about his mom like that, be he still does it)

After 20 years of marriage, I have a long list of irks!

[edit on 4/30/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If we're watching TV, he needs to have the remote ON his chair. And if he gets up and leaves the room, he leaves the remote ON his chair and I can't reach it.

He puts things back in the refrigerator in the 'wrong' place. So next time I need it, I can't find it.

I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to think of things he does that annoy me and I can only think of things he does that I love... And that's after 15 years, so that's pretty good.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well my husband is really bad about ..

wait a second. I don't have a husband.

=|

new topics

top topics

join