It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preseason NFL Predictions..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is how it will go.
This is preDraft so bare with me.

AFC East
1.New England Patriots 13-3 No body has done more in the offseason to improve their team than them.
2. New York Jets 10-6 . Mangini will have these guys pushing for a playoff run.
3. Miami Dolphins 7-9 . Look for them to maybe push to 9-7, 10-6 if they get a health Ricky Williams, to go with Ronnie Brown.
4. Buffalo Bills 2-14 . Maybe the worst team in football moves from Houston to Buffalo this year.

AFC North
1. Baltimore Ravens 12-4 Might be McNairs last chance at SBowl.
2. Cincinnatti Bengals 10-6 Could be 10-6 or 6-10, depending on team chemistry, and arrest.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8 Roethlisberger needs more weapons.
4. Cleveland Browns 6-10 They could swith with Cinn and go 10-6 depending upon their draft of Adrian Peterson. The O-Line will be solid. They could be the suprise team of the year. But too many holes on an improving defense.

AFC South
1.Indianapolis Colts 11-5 Not going back to the Super Bowl this year. Let far too many people escape from last years team to really compete.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars 11-5 Title could go either way with them and the Colts.
3. Tennessee Titans 9-7 One more year before Vince Young leds them deep. Need more time for the pup's to grow up around him. Loss of Pac-Man will really be felt on Special Teams.
4. Houston Texans 6-10 Slight Improvement on last year. Conference is gettting tougher and tougher every year. They could beat up on each other this year.

AFC West
1. San Diego Chargers 13-3 Super Bowl run, or one and done. Who knows.
2. Kansas City Chiefs 10-6 Another Close but no cigar.
3. Denver Broncos 9-7 Defense needs to add more youth.
4. Oakland Raiders 4-12 Breaking in a rookie QB, especially a raw talent like JaMarcus Russell 6-6, 255 is never pleasant to watch.

NFC East
1. Dallas Cowboys 12-4 . Will vie with Eagles for title. A lot depends on Romo getting his Mojo back. Defense could be off the hook with the man behind the Chargers defense running the ship.
2. New York Giants 9-7 Will Manning part 2 ever mature?
3. Philadelphia Eagles 8-8 Lost Garcia safety net, along with any threats at WR. Offense will consist of McNabb scrambling, enough hits and he's done for the third year in a row.
4. Washington Redskins 6-10 While Jason Campble is not a rookie, he is still too raw to make a consistant impact. But look for the team to show improvement late in season.

NFC North
1. Chicago Bears 13-3 . Grossman will have ups and downs. Could be a lot better if they draft a Jarrett, or Meachem in the 1st round. Defense will still rule the roost.
2. Green Bay Packers 9-7 Farves final season.
3. Detroit Lions 6-10 They still

4. Minnesota Vikings 3-13 See breaking in a new QB. Management taking too many que's from Detroit.

NFC South
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10-6 Will need a healthy QB to finish the season.
2. New Orleans Saints 9-7 Can you pull a rabbit out of you hat two years in a row?
3. Carolina Panthers 8-8 Fox's last year. May see Delhomme give way to David Carr somepoint in the season if things go bad.
4. Atlanta Falcons 6-10 Will take some time for Vick to process third offensive style in 4 years.

NFC West
1. Seattle Seahawks 11-5 . Key players are getting older and team in not infushing them with new talent.
2. St.Louis Rams 9-7 Could flip flop with Seattle depending upon their two meetings, and health of Seahawks.
3. San Francisco 7-9 Stil a few key players away from challenging. Gore will go off again, but younger players need some seasoning.
4. Arizonia Cardinals 5-11 Leinart could have David Carr like year with the worst offensive line in the NFL. Way too much skill talent for the Cardinals not to go after a few key lineman here and there.

PLAYOFFS

WILD CARD ROUND

Jacksonville(11-5) at Baltimore (12-4): Baltimore 24-17
NewYork Jets (10-6) at Indianapolis (11-5): NYJ 31-28
Green Bay (9-7) at Seattle (11-5): Seattle 28-24
St.Louis Rams (9-7) at Tampa Bay(10-6): Tampa 17-14

DIVISIONAL ROUND

New York Jets(11-6) at San Diego (13-3): San Diego 34-17
Baltimore (13-4) at New England (13-3): New England 28-21
Tampa Bay (11-6) at Dallas (12-4) : Dallas 31-21
Seattle (11-5) at Chicago (13-3): Chicago 24-3

Championship Games

San Diego (14-3) at New England (14-3): New England 38-35 ot
Dallas (13-4) at Chicago (14-3) : Chicago 31-21

Super Bowl

New England 31 Chicago 28

Personally I will be pulling for the Bears over the Pat's just don't think it will happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
To Know that since no one has anything to say against this, that everyone must agree totally, in everyway with me on this.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A 6-10 Texans team would be the same as last year. Look for an 8-8 season from them this year. Gary Kubiak is an offensive genius and will have more weapons this year.

By the way, it's looking as if we're going to trade out of the 10 spot unless we get Peterson or Ginn. We need that second round pick back.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You are predicting that Grossman actually gets back to the Bowl? In reference to the Colts, whom have they lost that will damper their season? Edgerrin James who? Vanderjact who? Colts baby!

And let's all take a moment of silence to pay our respects to a legend, Brett Favre.

Thank you.

I'm not going to make any predictions at this point, but it will be interesting to see how Peyton and Rex begin next season. Ok, the hell with it, I'll sneak a little prediction.

If the Colts don't repeat, I'm looking towards the Chargers.

Merriman and LT are going to be even hungrier this year.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
AFC East
1.New England Patriots 11-5
2. New York Jets 9-7 .
3. Miami Dolphins 7-9 .
4. Buffalo Bills 4-12 .
AFC North
1. Cincinatti Bengals 13-3 .
2. Cleveland Browns 11-5
3. Baltimore Ravens 9-7
4. Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC South
1.Indianapolis Colts 12-4
2. Jacksonville Jaguars 11-5
3. Tennessee Titans 8-8
4. Houston Texans 7-9
AFC West
1. San Diego Chargers 13-3
2. Denver Broncos 10-6
3. Kansas City Chiefs 9-7 .
4. Oakland Raiders 3-13
NFC East
1. Dallas Cowboys 13-3 .
2. New York Giants 9-7
3. Philadelphia Eagles 7-9
4. Washington Redskins 5-11
NFC North
1. Chicago Bears 11-5 .
2. Detrot Lions .
3. Green Bay Packers 6-10
4. Minnesota Vikings 1-15
NFC South
1. New Orlean Saints 11-5
2. Carolina Panthers 9-7
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8-8
4. Atlanta Falcons 6-10
NFC West
1. Seattle Seahawks 11-5 .
2. St.Louis Rams 9-7
3. Arizona Cardinals 8-8
4. San Francisco 49ers 7-9

PLAYOFFS

NFC Championship

Dallas Cowboys vs. New Orlean Saints. Outcome: Dallas 28, New Orleans 17

AFC Championship

Cincinatti Bengals vs. New England Patriots. Outcome: Cincinatti 31, New England 14

Super Bowl:

Dallas Cowboys vs. Cincinatti Bengals. Outcome: Dallas 50, Cincinatti 24

[edit on 23-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Super Bowl:

Dallas Cowboys vs. Cincinatti Bengals. Outcome: Dallas 50, Cincinatti 24

How exactly did you come to this conclusion? Could it possibly be biased?

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna

How exactly did you come to this conclusion? Could it possibly be biased?

No,no, of course not!!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The Pats were 12-4 in a rebuilding year. If they don't have any real major injuries, like Brady breaking a leg, or Harrison out again. They could easily destroy everyone in the AFC this year. Plus they have 2 1st rounders.

Aw its good being a Pats fan.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't know where all this faith in Dallas comes from. I think the Cowgirls and the Eagles need to be switched on these lists here. The cowboys will vie for last in east this year at best. Tony Romo is going to fall down to earth this season. He had a nice run last year, but it won't carry over this season. Factor in a new coach coming as well, and they are in trouble.

The Eagles however will be great. Sure they lost Garcia, but he won't have NEAR the success he did last year again. And AJ Feely is every bit as capable of making plays if needed. The additions of Keven Curtis at WR, and Takeo Spikes on D are also huge additions.

Don't say I didn't warn you when the Eagles breeze through the division once again.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Once again, the AFC will be the class of the league. There will be 3 or 4 teams that are better than the best of the NFC.

The Pats are always tough and I look for them to have another great year. San Diego was probably the best AFC team last year, and I don't think they'll slip.

The Colts (hats off, please) probably weren't as good as they were the previous two years, but caught some breaks and won it all. I'm not seeing the personnel losses as insurmountable.

Rhodes (RB) gone to free agency. He's a good quality back, but isn't an every down back over the long haul. Addai fills that position as well as Edge did, and with a 2nd stringer to give him some breathing room, he'll be fine.

Cato June (OLB) lost to free agency. He was a safety at Michigan in college and the Colts made him a LB. certainly an adequate player in the right scheme, but he was part of that Colts "D" that was maligned all year. I mean, there was NO WAY the Colts were going to the Super Bowl with that defense. June could run down a ball carrier, but couldn't tackle one when he got there. Blah Blah Blah.

Montae Reagor (DL) was hurt in a car accident early in the season, now gone to free agency. Montae's a great guy and good player (Eagles ought to be glad to have him now), but we won it last year without him on the field so...

Nick Harper (DB) lost to free agency, but he's about 60 years old.

Brandon Stokley (WR) lost to free agency. Everyone likes Brandon & he's a quality guy, but often hurt. Not irreplacable.

I'm convinced Polian (the GM) knows what he's doing. No worries.

The NFC is wide open. A jackload of teams will have a shot to make the Super Bowl and get hammered by whatever AFC team qualifies.

[Edit to add]
Hey SoT, are you predicting the Lions are just throwing in the towel and not playing any games this season? Might be their best strategy. Can't lose the ones you don't play.

[edit on 4/24/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I don't know where all this faith in Dallas comes from. I think the Cowgirls and the Eagles need to be switched on these lists here. The cowboys will vie for last in east this year at best. Tony Romo is going to fall down to earth this season. He had a nice run last year, but it won't carry over this season. Factor in a new coach coming as well, and they are in trouble.

You have got to be joking. Tony Romo, you mark my words, if given the playing time, will be a Hall of Fame quarterback. You watch and see what I tell you.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You have got to be joking. Tony Romo, you mark my words, if given the playing time, will be a Hall of Fame quarterback. You watch and see what I tell you.

Oh I'll definately be watching. People are going to be sorely dissapointed by his play this season. I gaurantee it.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Oh I'll definately be watching. People are going to be sorely dissapointed by his play this season. I gaurantee it.

Well, I will say this, I think much of it will depend on the play of his offensive line. While it is true that he is a scrambler, if he is going to have to be consistently on the run, he may not be effective.

You know, that's like the Texans criticizing David Carr, it's true that he didn't live up to expectations. However, when did he ever have the chance to? He reminded me of the Houston version of danny White, everytime he turned around he was looking up at the sky. A quarterback cannot be effective that way.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well, I will say this, I think much of it will depend on the play of his offensive line. While it is true that he is a scrambler, if he is going to have to be consistently on the run, he may not be effective.

You know, that's like the Texans criticizing David Carr, it's true that he didn't live up to expectations. However, when did he ever have the chance to? He reminded me of the Houston version of danny White, everytime he turned around he was looking up at the sky. A quarterback cannot be effective that way.

No argument there.

What you must realize though is my faith that Romo will suck stems from the fact that I am a lifelong diehard Eagles fan.

It's my purpose in life to hate the cowboys with every ounce of energy I have...all the time. So no hard feelings.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

No argument there.

What you must realize though is my faith that Romo will suck stems from the fact that I am a lifelong diehard Eagles fan.

It's my purpose in life to hate the cowboys with every ounce of energy I have...all the time. So no hard feelings.

I kind of gathered that. Even if you thought Dallas wa going to be good, you probably wouldn't state it. Eagles fans hate the Cowboys, maybe even more than Redskins fans. Now that's saying something. However, considering that Dallas has dominated through the years, it's understandable.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

No argument there.

I kind of gathered that. Even if you thought Dallas wa going to be good, you probably wouldn't state it. Eagles fans hate the Cowboys, maybe even more than Redskins fans. Now that's saying something. However, considering that Dallas has dominated through the years, it's understandable.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Dominated through the 90's you mean. The Eagles have dominated this millenium.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Dominated through the 90's you mean.

Well, the 70s and the 90s.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
SpeakerofTruth-God I would love to see Dallas kill Cinny in the Super Bowl, I'm just too much of a Dallas fan to even hope anymore. Thanks for predicting your version. Good Job going all through it.

nyk537- Philly dominated please...They have found more ways than Buffalo to blow great seasons. How many rings do they have? For me its just a well, since I have a deep, deep hatred of the Eagles. Ever since the fan's cheered and laughed when Michael Irvin lay on the field with a broken neck. Then If you can't delight in another team being unable to win the big one, their overal misery, what fun is there to be had.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
SpeakerofTruth-God I would love to see Dallas kill Cinny in the Super Bowl, I'm just too much of a Dallas fan to even hope anymore. Thanks for predicting your version. Good Job going all through it.

nyk537- Philly dominated please...They have found more ways than Buffalo to blow great seasons. How many rings do they have? For me its just a well, since I have a deep, deep hatred of the Eagles. Ever since the fan's cheered and laughed when Michael Irvin lay on the field with a broken neck. Then If you can't delight in another team being unable to win the big one, their overal misery, what fun is there to be had.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Royal76]

Sure it's dissapointing to not win the big game. But going to FOUR straight NFC championship games is hardly blowing a good season. Completley owning the NFC east this entire millenium is hardly not having good seasons.

The Eagles and Cowboys were made to hate each other. Just the way it is, and always will be.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
America's Teams: Dallas Cowboys

Their evil Nemisis: Philadelphia Eagles

But I'm sure Buffalo feels the same way about owning the AFC so many years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join