It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidental Shooting Stirs Secret Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Secret Service spokeswoman Kim Bruce said one officer was injured in the leg and the other received a shrapnel wound in his face. She said the injuries appeared to be non-life threatening and that both officers were taken to nearby George Washington University Hospital.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

Either someone is getting there rear chewed for being overly stupid...
OR
It was something more like a struggle and the gun went off???

Is it me or are we seeing a lot of handgun shooting on TV.......soon to be followed by more anti-gun laws to "protect us" from the bad guys???
Both guns were inports, so what now, maybe ban imported guns?
have a 6 month waiting period to get a gun???

[edit on 4/17/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It could have been an accidental discharge, and the bullet fragmented and the fragments hit the second officer in the face. If it was a struggle for the weapon I'd expect much more severe injuries. If you remember there was a DEA (I think he was DEA anyway) agent who went into a schoolroom for parent career day and shot himself in the foot with his own weapon in an accidental discharge.

You're not going to see new gun control laws because of an accidental discharge by an armed federal agent. They're human and they happen, but since they HAVE to be able to carry weapons, it's not going to affect gun control laws.

[edit on 4/17/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There's no such thing as an accidental discharge.

The failure rate of a firearm--built to proper standards--is negligible.

There are only intentional and unintentional discharges. There are no accidents. If you do not follow the rules of handling a firearm, you can unintentionally discharge it--but it will be no accident.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Exactly. An accident would be a mechanical failure that could not have been forseen. An incident formed through negligence is simply negligence.

I've seen a rash of shotty training (or discipline) in the US government lately, both in the military, and in law enforcement.

I can only assume this is a direct result of it.

top topics

join