It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Geeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What was (is) your D&D or RPG character name?

I kept using Izois for years, and still register for games, etc. that way when I can't think of anything else. RANT is more of a name given me by others at various political boards

So Izois was an Elf.
Highlights: found a Wand of Fire, always handy in a bind.
Lowpoints: Created a "Magnetize Flesh" spell that backfired more than worked.

He pretty much 'retired' to his Fortress behind a waterfall years ago. "Fortress" is being generous here though. More like a spider hole. Not big on comfort, just booby traps.

Sorry if this has been covered. (yes, this is "Gazrok" inspired). I'm also interested in fake band names. I have tons! Some were one time gig names, but made it on T-shirts. I contributed a few hundred to a site called bandnames.com a few years ago, but it seems to be gone. :shk:

Maybe I should add Geeks are cool! And I'm just guessing Gazrok was a character name. My WHOOPS if that's like something else. Remember, I'm an idiot, not evil.

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I used to play D&D when I was about 10 and would always be a barbarian called krysta or crystal . Was the coolest sounding name that I could think of at that age.
more recently I have used the name shreleeka don't ask me why it was just a random mix of letters that I came up with.
I've always found it hard to come up with a totally new and origianal name .
I always play as a fighter in RPG's . It's much easier to dive right in there with b*stard sword in hand than having to think about what spell to cast next.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Nope you are correct... Gazrok was the name of a character I never got to play though, for an MMORPG that never took off (Horizons)... It was going to be an Orc Shaman.

I played a Dark Elf Cleric in EQ, Dinin DeVir, on Fennin Ro, back in the day (1st days of EQ), and in the beta for it. Kinda funny, my buddy and I were kind of the "newbie" beta testers for dark elves, yet we managed to get the first, and eventually largest dark elf guild going. It was my first (and last, hehe....) guild, though it was great fun while the game was interesting...

I have played an awful amount of RPGs though, from D&D, to Werewolf/Vampire, RIFTS, Palladium, Star Wars, you name it pretty much.... I even have an Eldar WH40K army (which is damn near complete).

I tend to play Cleric/Mages more than anything else, as I have a virtually photographic memory of spells and their effects, as well as how to use them beyond their original intentions. In fact, the first gaming convention I ever went to (DragonCon), my team-mates and I actually placed second in competition (out of about 50 initial teams of 5). We would've won if our schmuck DM hadn't got confused, as he thought we had the object we were looking for...vs. a stone copy. Heck, the one other party we met up with (this was full team on team action), we had already lost one team member to monsters, so we were 4 against 5. We managed to slay every party member of theirs, save one druid. (damn bastards can regenerate for every shape change...)

Here's how we did it... The party (save for me, the evil cleric) was invisible (10' radius spell)....as well as having a minor globe of invulnerability. I had resist fire, as I was opening up a hot metal door at the time. The other party comes up, their invisibile mage casts fireball. It does nothing to the protected party, and singes me for 4 points...(whoopee, and the only damage any of us suffered during the fight)
We counter with our haste spell, and fireball them (toasting their mage to ashes, and most of the party). Our remaining fighter (who had a high Con, and tons of hit points), also had the Gauntlets of Strength that our lost party member had (making him a Str and Con fighter, hehe...). Well, when hasted, he was pretty much a cuisinart of death, and he pretty much sliced through the remaining party (though he took a few points of damage, he could shrug it off).

The other players were ripping up their character sheets, swearing, etc. (good times.....
)

PS: Name generator for Pantha...
www.albans.demon.co.uk...

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The other players were ripping up their character sheets, swearing, etc. (good times.....
)

PS: Name generator for Pantha...
www.albans.demon.co.uk...

Tried that site. "Tagalong Zorkin!"

Never did a conference, but yes the group challenge stamina competitions were enthralling! D&D was actually an alternate elective for PE in my school!

I think that guild sounds fun. Especially running one.

new topics

top topics

join