It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US funding terror in Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

America is secretly funding militant ethnic separatist groups in Iran in an attempt to pile pressure on the Islamic regime to give up its nuclear programme.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's regime is accused of repressing minority rights and culture

In a move that reflects Washington's growing concern with the failure of diplomatic initiatives, CIA officials are understood to be helping opposition militias among the numerous ethnic minority groups clustered in Iran's border regions.

The operations are controversial because they involve dealing with movements that resort to terrorist methods in pursuit of their grievances against the Iranian regime.

Telegraph

Apologies if this is a repost, a quick glance didn't show the topic being discussed.

So... if this is true, kinda makes the US look like a hypocrite, no? Iran is no angel, but all this demonising of Iran and claiming the moral high ground falls on its face with reports like this

p.s. don't shoot the messenger, I'm merely giving my thoughts on the article at hand

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I know how it feels when you find a story like this and its so horryfing that you're afraid at what people will say.

ANYTHING is possible. ANYTHING. As an American, i could only hope its not true, but given the way things are, who knows!!!

new topics

join