It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian tycoon plotting to overthrow Putin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This caught my eye earlier and cant seem to find anything about this posted.

Source

This seems like a tall order for one guy and hes not worth as much as some Russian tycoons so whats you thoughts on his chances of pulling this off, with him coming out in spouting this to the news, i can see him disappearing one way or another quite soon.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
the russians hate Berezovsky, and putin has approval rates around 75-80 percent. There's no doubt the military and secret service are 100 % loyal to putin. Berezovsky made his money in the troubled nineties, he is charged with tax evasion and money laundering, and is believed to have ordered a couple of murders.(and now russian prosecuters seem to charge him with this story)

One might critize putin for his quite authorian style, but one should not forget that putin was elected by over 70 percent of all voters, and that he has the support of the people. Berezovsky may dream of becoming russian president, but it simply can't happen.

This could backfire for him, because russia has wanted him to be extradited for years now, and the british government could get nervous.

In russia a cell in siberia is waiting for him..................

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There's a couple more news posts that I've come across regarding this at the Guardian's website here and here.

Interesting stuff...

Originally posted by backtothelight23This could backfire for him, because russia has wanted him to be extradited for years now, and the british government could get nervous.

I think the British government wants answers over Litvinenko before they start handing people over. The Russians haven't been as helpful as they could have been over that episode... maybe this shows them why they should be more cooperative?

[edit on 13/4/07 by Ste2652]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Isn't Putin due for retirement in /08. Time will tell. Funny how putin's foes seem to get in jail or dead.

Perhap's he's brought additional respect for his office and Country since becoming President, but still I get the hebegeebees knowing his past involved the well disrespected KGB.

He's a scary guy and I feel the Russian Tycoon making comments re financial support for coup seekers may not serve him well with Russian brass at some point in the near future.

As for Putin's stated popularity in Russia, I don't think many would have the nerve in fear of consequences say anything but great things about Pres Putin, for now.

Dallas

top topics

join