It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is REALLY in control????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is a 8-9 min. clip.

It has some pre-live tv clips.

I must say, many of the leader shown do not look or act or react in what I would think is a normal manner.

Watch the clip and tell me what you get out of it.

LINK

*edited for spelling

[edit on 4/12/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The first thing I notice is how Clinton looks like he's "preparing himself" for his televised appearance.

Not just the makeup, but also the distant look on his face - quite common for anyone who has a bit of stage fright or performance worries. He's calming his nerves by detaching himself from his surrounding and all the hubub of a television studio going on in the background.

It may have been a live recording, for all we know...that's a lot of pressure for anyone to be under.

I've always been of the opinion that our political figureheads are just that - figureheads.

Intermediaries between the speech writers and the populaces - the good old "talking head".

Someone who got the position because they manifested a "quality" that reflected what the people expected or wanted at that point in time.

Is the whole administration rigged? Well, anyone knows that the people running for presidency have to have:

1.) "The Look". No one is going to take a slovenly figurehead seriously.

2.) The ability to orate convincingly. This doesn't mean they write their own speeches - in fact, most president's in the past several decade have interns and speechwriters who handle this for them. In fact, a friend of mine from high school is currently working on Capitol Hill doing just that.

3.) Something about themselves (history, hobbies...even pets) that a large percentage of Americans can "identify with".

Engineered? You bet.

Intentionally insidious? Probably not.

One reason most educated and intellectual people will find offense to most of the presentations of notable public figures is that we can sense they aren't speaking from their own perspectives. They're cranking out prewritten speeches, scripts, and in the time of on-air interviews and debates where a teleprompter is not available - you can see them fighting to make sure they say all the "right" things.

This can be very stressful for one who may be accustomed to being nothing more than a photo-op kind of guy or gal, with a pocketload of advisors, writers and so forth no where in sight.

Hence, like the gentleman in the last few minutes of the clip, you get a psychobabble quality of a speech or defense - they're struggling to make sense of issues they aren't trained to understand.

Is it because they're "mindless puppets"?

Nah - it's because they're just regular human beings trying to make the best of a situation they don't have complete control over.

It's sad though, that in today's commercialized entertainment age we place so much importance on those first three points (mentioned earlier) and completely neglect the ability of the potential figurehead to actually be a full representative of the values of the administration, the country and it's peoples, and the master of all important issues brought up during his/her term in office.

In fact - the amount of stress these people go through being in the public eye almost 24-7 (not to mention sensationalist reporters hounding your every word, decision and step) is enough to dissociate just about anyone.

A large percentage of people expects them to be ubermen, good looking, well spoken, and a virtual encyclopedia on every nuance of world policy.

Such a thing is darn near impossible.

It's just a shame more people don't step up to the plate in their own lives before casting dispersions on others - regardless of their political standing.

No one is perfect.

Not even the President.

In regards to the Barbara Bush clips - those could have been taken from a single sitting, takes that didn't "make the cut".

I do enjoy the nice "skull and bones station identification" in between each segment. In fact, I'd love that as a desktop.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They all looked so creepy and almost surreal. The smile on that guy when his "programming broke down" sent a chill down my spine. He almost looked like Jim Carey playing the Grinch.And what was with Barbara Bush? She must have been desperate to stay awake or something.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
More than a little weird, but far from convincing. The part with Barbara bush got to me more than anything. her eyes were so... bizarrely creepy. I kept expecting for her eyeballs to pop out of her head and fly at the camera.

The 'broken programming' guy... his smile was weird too. and his eyes.. of course that could've just been a "crap, I've been caught with my pants down and I don't know how to respond" moment. I think we've all had one of those, and sometimes when you don't know how to react to a strange situation, it's human nature to just grin like an idiot. just one possible theory.

I'd love to hear some more opinions on this, because it IS rather strange, though hardly a slamdunk of any sort.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I bet all people in that video were born prematurley, i bet they were perfect lil mk ultra babies and i bet there entire lives were almost planned for them>?

new topics

top topics

join