It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replacement silicon brain cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Replacement brain cells

Srinivasan explains that the chip is sending electric pulses through the needle into the brain slice, which is passing them on to the screen we're watching. "The difference in the waves' modulation reflects the signals sent out by the brain slice," he says. "And they're almost identical in frequency and pattern to the pulses sent by the chip." Put more simply, this iron-gray wafer about a millimeter square is talking to living brain cells as though it were an actual body part.

Just saw this article on man made brain cells which have the ability to communicate with the brain as if it was a natural part of the body.

This seems like another giant step forward in the realm of the techological evolution of the human body, and continues to reinforce the importance of new technology for fighting bodily ailments.

I keep asking what else is next, but given the rate of development of these tools, I dont think that we can even begin to assume what is next on the horizon.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Fair enough. But if you wanted to make 'memory chips' where you could slot in other people's memories of a language or mathematics (as examples) you would have to be confident that memories are in the brain and that there is no possibility of deus ex machina. Nevertheless, I can envisage a future where chips are implanted into the brains of their subjects by future Governments where the thoughts are 'read' by a central computer. Unrealistic? I hope so!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I posted about this very article just a few days ago.

Infact if you were to scroll down the page just a little you would see that my head line is still on the main page.

Link to my post

Any mods want to give a little help on a double post ?

Arcticnull

join