It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists' 'perfect' B*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

bbc
Scientists' 'perfect' bacon butty

Experts at Leeds University discovered the secret to the ideal sandwich lay in how crispy and crunchy rashers were.

They found that two or three back bacon rashers should be cooked under a preheated oven grill for seven minutes at about 240C (475F).

The bacon should then be placed between two slices of farmhouse bread, 1cm to 2cm thick.

Cooking times

Four researchers at the Department of Food Science spent more than 1,000 hours testing 700 variations on the traditional bacon sandwich.

They tried different types and cuts of bacon, cooking techniques, types of oil and a range of cooking times at different temperatures.

A shortlist was then tested with computers to measure the texture of each sandwich.

Fifty volunteers also judged each sandwich according to its taste, texture and flavour.

i honestly think they could the time that they used for this pointless ecperiment on something more usefull
no one in their right mind would actuily follow the steps to make them selves a snak and so forth

waste of time and money

[edit on 9-4-2007 by bodrul]

x08

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
So does this mean I can be a professional scientist? I want to do a study on how to perfectly spread butter on a slice of toast..

join