It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Christian Speaks of Wicca and Witchcraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is a REALLY interesting article, its abit long, but it is well worth the read.

I am a Christian and not a Wiccan. A Christian is one who has been baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and who has made a personal, free-will decision to commit himself and all his or her life to our Lord and God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Both of these things are true of me. I am a member of St. Mary's Eastern Orthodox Church, Calhan, Colorado. In this paper, I am not speaking as agent for any church, but I am, entirely on my own responsibility, speaking the truth in love, as we Christians are supposed to do.

A Situation of Strife and Shame:

There are many Christians today who believe that anyone who is not a Christian is doomed to an eternity of suffering in hell. Any decent person, believing this, would be compelled to try to save as many people from this fate as possible. But is this belief correct? Jesus Christ, having noted the faith and righteousness of a Roman centurion, a Pagan, proclaimed:

"Assuredly I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:10-12)

www.wicca.com...

I thought it was going to be a typical anti-wicca rant, but it was extremely supportive and positive. The Bible quotes, which were used for evidence, were very well used too.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

I thought it was going to be a typical anti-wicca rant, but it was extremely supportive and positive. The Bible quotes, which were used for evidence, were very well used too.

Every now and then the true message of Christianity comes out. This is what the message is really about - that anyone's faith in a loving God as opposed to a conditional God shall be saved, extending to people who do not claim to follow a religion or a different religion. If Christians truly understood the message, then all the dividing lines would dissappear and true righteousness would prevail.

Unfortunately, the original sin and curse is still in full effect for now. The story of the Centurion is one of my favorite in showing the nature of faith in light of the obstacles that we are under in this world.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Its the same with the Holy Qur'an..
But it's just suprising that organised religion tend to over look these facts.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Every now and then the true message of Christianity comes out. This is what the message is really about - that anyone's faith in a loving God as opposed to a conditional God shall be saved, extending to people who do not claim to follow a religion or a different religion. If Christians truly understood the message, then all the dividing lines would dissappear and true righteousness would prevail.

I think you are absolutely correct about that. I think some of the most judgemental people claim to be Christians and act so self righteous. Hey whatta you know! If you wanna get judged and riticuled, just go to your local church. The biggest gossip mongers go there!

And what's up with everyone dressing up! Who are they trying to impress? Can't be their God because this higher power see's the true you when no one is around. Are they just too stupid to inderstand that!

top topics

join