It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You gotta love the anti-liberal media!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I hate the anti-liberal media. Fox news and pro-choice and pro-conservative radio talk shows seem to be conservative, and yet, they are criticizing the liberal media. The conservative media seems to be saying that the Democrats are making decisions to cut off the war when they are really doing what the people want, and also, not only that, but when you come to think of it, the people listen to them. Over 50% of Americans both Republicans and Democrats think that this war is wrong and that we are attacking an enemy that we did not need to provoke.

We should have, a veto proof congress, so that we can pass these bills to bring our troops home. I want to see our troops home and I want to see my cousin come home and these people talking don't know how much of a burden the Iraq war is on the troops families because they are going away, they are being sent to foreign nations, and they are being targeted by foreign entities.

We should tighten up our police force, to scare this fictional group that they call al-quaeada right? I mean we should focus all of our energy fighting a fictional group that is following an agenda that was made by the CIA shouldn't we?

We should continue supporting a group that continues to cause us more harm than good and while its purpose is to protect us they are stabbing us in the back.

What should we do, well should we do that?

Yeah sure, the Democrats are supporting terrorism.

That's like saying that over 50% of the American population is supporting terrorism.

That's also saying that we don't have our code of ethics and that we aren't intelligent. That's also saying that we don't follow laws and that we are law abiding citizens and that we are terrorists because we disapprove of one thing that is going on.

If it were up to the people in charge, they would be hanging people who opposed the Iraq war.

What we are doing is that we are following Iran. Our policy towards foreign entities goes toward whatever Iran skape goats.

To understand the war better you need to read the newspapers on October 6th, 2001, we didn't know who to blame before, but the administration seemed to focused on blaming Osama Bin laden.

Article October 6th, 2001-we must choose: Justice or War
The administration remains focused on Osama Bin Laden as the "prime suspect" as though this were an episode of "law and Order". And yet we are building a military alliance to respond to a devistating attack on the United States.

They were busy choosing suspects, however Osama Bin Laden seems to be the best one.

Article-Bush behind Closed Doors, Iran Blames Bin Laden
"They said they accept the right to punish people responsible for a crime, and they were very clear: They are sure bin Laden was responsible." "They will never say that openly. They will continue asking for proof and clear evidence, but they said the responsible of Bin Laden is certain.

Does this not convince you enough?

Would you put the control of the future of the nation within the hand of a few diplomats that the President of Iran, Mohammad Khatami, summoned to his country to discuss the plans before the advent of the next war?

[edit on 8-4-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have asked before but never got a response.

If a majority of Americans are for a troop pullout from Iraq, then why was this bill loaded up with 21 billion dollars of pork? My thinking is that Representatives had to be bribed to vote for this.

But why would that be if America supported it? The truth is that if you poll Americans asking if they want defeat in Iraq, the resounding response would be NO! Americans know that a premature pullout is equivalent to defeat.

Pulling out troops prematurely, and not funding the troops, do not help America. It helps the terrorists, they do appreciate it, and are actively rooting for Democrat victories.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

If a majority of Americans are for a troop pullout from Iraq, then why was this bill loaded up with 21 billion dollars of pork? My thinking is that Representatives had to be bribed to vote for this.

maybe it's because the free market system has broken the democratic process.

But why would that be if America supported it? The truth is that if you poll Americans asking if they want defeat in Iraq, the resounding response would be NO! Americans know that a premature pullout is equivalent to defeat.

there is no way to achieve victory in someone else's civil war. there is no way for us to be defeated because this is no longer our battle

Pulling out troops prematurely, and not funding the troops, do not help America. It helps the terrorists, they do appreciate it, and are actively rooting for Democrat victories.

this is an attempt at keeping a civil war from boiling over into all out warfare, not a fight against terrorism. we're fighting terrorists in afghanistan

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

[edit on 8-4-2007 by RRconservative]

Oh my heavenly stars!!! RRConservative, you and I agree on something!!!!
...picks up face from off of keyboard)

Yes, I think that's what's going on, Congress was being bribed. They are heavily dependent on the military-industrial complex for their being elected to office.
Now, as for the rest of your post (and now back to our regularly scheduled programming). I don't think a majority of AMericans want us to stay in Iraq. I've seen polls that indicate at least less than half of Americans want to stay. No, the Democrats were elected because eveyone hoped they might have a different answer. But, well, guess what, they didn't, hey no big surprise there is it?
I've given up on both parties, I'm voting for my dog next election. He's loyal, honest and compassionate - name a politician who has even one of these qualities.
BTW, RRC, what does the RR stand for, just curious? I say Ronald Reagan and my husband says no it stands for Really Right-wing" which of us is right?

top topics

join