It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis capture US robot!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
what do you all think they will do with it? theres not much detail in this story. I wonder if they are gps equipped, maybe they will resell the parts, keep it as a trophy, or destroy it. ???? I can imagine a fighter picking it up and running with it. how would they get their hands on it? the us must have been trying to lurk around a building or street when some slick fighter picked it up. well i dont know, i dont know, any speculations as to how this could have happened? all thats mentioned is this..

A spokesman for al-Sadr said Saturday that militia fighters in Diwaniya had destroyed three American vehicles and captured a robot used to detonate roadside bombs, AP reported.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
EOD robots are very simple, and are controlled by a remote with a video screen. Many of them use a control cable that leads back to the control spot. They need to have control over them to place things very specifically. If you don't get the counter charge placed exactly you risk setting it off, if you're trying to disarm it.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You'd think they'd get some pictures with it to send us lol

I don't really see it as a big deal though, it's not exactly amazingly liable technology to lose to them and it's better than them capturing a soldier isn't it.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by H34T533K3R
Iraqis capture US robot!

... and captured a robot used to detonate roadside bombs, AP reported.

Hopefully, they'll put it to good use ... a robot designed solely to recognize, position accordingly, and detonate bombs.

put 'er to work, boys

Aside from that, it's not as if they've acquired technology to further said cause ... whatever that may be.

More a non-issue issue, if you ask me.

$.02

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
How would they put er to work? Is this a good thing?

new topics

top topics

join