It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats happened to Larry Warren?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
What has happened to Larry Warren?

He used to have a website dedicated to his book and experiences but now it is a general UFO ste that is quite bad. The only article on their about the Rendlesham Forest Incident is quite bad.

He website is here: www.leftateastgate.com... .

As you can see, it used to be a lot better: web.archive.org...://www.leftateastgate.com/

See also the Bruni-Warren Confrontation.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by UKExposer]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have had a look at the domain registration information for 'leftateastgate.com' and have found the below information:

www.betterwhois.com...

The below information is at this link:

Domain Name: LEFTATEASTGATE.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com...
Name Server: NS1.DREAMHOST.COM
Name Server: NS2.DREAMHOST.COM
Updated Date: 28-oct-2006
Creation Date: 26-aug-1997
Expiration Date: 25-aug-2007

Here is the information for NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC:

Domain Name: NETWORKSOLUTIONS.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com...
Name Server: NS2.NETSOL.COM
Name Server: NS1.NETSOL.COM
Name Server: NS3.NETSOL.COM
Updated Date: 26-jun-2006
Creation Date: 27-apr-1998
Expiration Date: 26-apr-2016

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKExposer

He used to have a website dedicated to his book and experiences but now it is a general UFO ste that is quite bad. The only article on their about the Rendlesham Forest Incident is quite bad.

As you can see, it used to be a lot better: web.archive.org...://www.leftateastgate.com/

I note that Georgina Bruni's book You Can't Tell the People goes for premium prices on Amazon. May be time for another edition/printing.

And yes, Bruni devastated Warren in their confrontation. Warren comes across as an immature crybaby, complaining about things of very minor relevance.

Also, Paul Kimball selected Rendlesham as one of the 10 best cases for his documentary, but I don't have the impression he's going to feature Warren's story.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Larry Warren are you out there? Why don't you contribute to these messageboards and actively play a part in disclosure? ...or do you?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

I note that Georgina Bruni's book You Can't Tell the People goes for premium prices on Amazon. May be time for another edition/printing.

And yes, Bruni devastated Warren in their confrontation. Warren comes across as an immature crybaby, complaining about things of very minor relevance.

Also, Paul Kimball selected Rendlesham as one of the 10 best cases for his documentary, but I don't have the impression he's going to feature Warren's story.

I don't like Warrens story, but am reading his book now.

You can get Georgina Bruni's phenominal work You Can't Tell the People for only £5.99 including postage from Play.com. But, I think it is time for a re-print (never let this story die!) which includes the Bruni-Warren Confrontation.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by UKExposer]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ive read Left at East Gate a couple years ago. Its a part of my collection.

Larry Warren's story remains a mystery. I think alot of it he imagined, as it does not square with the confirmed reports of witnesses who there. Warren's story has major indiscrepancies and inconsistancies, and the other reports from Charles Halt, John Burroughs, and Jim Penniston. His account is highly suspect.

However, his military files and paperwork are very curious, to say the least, and there have been some curious comments from Halt about someone possibly screwing with his head. Warren too was the first one to break the story to the press, under an assumed name.

The case of Larry Warren is an enigma in similar ways to Bob Lazar. I'll venture to say that Warren was probably not involved in the UFO encounter, but possible had his head screwed with by some black ops.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I was going to read Warren's book until he admitted to making a part of the story up. Specifically the fog a few feet above the field and a red ball flying into it then transforming into a physical craft. It was bull.

Penniston and Halt have varied little over the years. Former Air Force Security people recently found and interviewed who were there at the time are pretty-much in sinc with each other about both nights from what I could tell.

Years ago appx /97, Penniston admitted he was reported as being at the craft sight for appx three hours claiming it must have been the adrenaline as he believed he was at the craft site not more than forty-five minutes. He's never mentioned it since.

Missing time -- for security debriefing during a Alien Abduction? Odd the next night when Halt went out it appears the craft he seen sent down a light beam on top of the (non-existent (grin)) nuc storage areas. Not just at his feet as mentioned some time ago. There are further reports all weapons had to be checked by the the secret OSI technical boys.

Warren, seems to me, profited by adding bull to his book and past interviews re the Rendlesham Incidents of 12/80.

Dallas

edit: grammar

[edit on 7-4-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
When did he admit to making some of the story up?

He said on an interview you can find at google video that he did not profit from the book and is taking legal action.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
OK, seems to me the fog & red ball piece by Warren being fabricated was an admission by Warren after SciFi did there two hour special which was included. The attached write-up (2007) gives some pretty-good detail including Warrens' REVISED book (bottom of atricle). Which now mentions a UFO being there, no fog & basketball sized red light exploding into a physical craft.
Do you have anything recent published on Warren and his credibility on the Rendlesham Incident, other than a video at Google? The above's the most recent I could find on a fast search SwingingMonkey.

www.rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

Dallas

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It seems that Larry Warren's website 'expired' and has been taken over by someone else. I don't know what they intend to do with it though.

If you would like to view the website as it once was, you can use this link:
web.archive.org...://leftateastgate.com/

Warren comes across as an immature crybaby, complaining about things of very minor relevance.

Over the years, Larry Warren has been treated unfairly - for example, on a recent documentary produced by the History Channel, "Britain's Roswell", he was portrayed as a fraud and was given little chance to speak. The other witnesses seemed to 'team up' on Larry, Colonel Charles Halt even said that none of the people he has spoken to remember Larry Warren being involved... That's simply not true.

In my opinion, people such as Charles Halt seem to have a problem with certain elements of Warren's story - particularly the alleged extraterrestrial visitation.

Sgt. Adrian Bustinza, A1C Gregory Battram and A1C Steve La Plume remember seeing Larry Warren out in the field during the UFO incident. Here are some small sections of text taken from letters sent to Larry Warren and Peter Robbins after the publication of LAEG:

Mike Verrano
"I did drive Williams (Gordon Williams - Base Commander), to an F-16 on the Bentwaters tarmac the AM of the 30th. He had two canisters of 35mm footage with him...He told me directly that it was actual footage of the UFOs on the ground..."

Greg Battram
"I know you were out in that forest 'cause I saw you out there, and we were all on duty with full Personal Reliability Pledge."

Steve La Plume
"How can Halt play it down - You were there and so was I..."

I was going to read Warren's book until he admitted to making a part of the story up.

When did he admit to making some of the story up?

I cannot remember that ever happening!

non-existent (grin)) nuc storage areas

There was not a Weapons Storage Area at RAF Woodbridge, but there was one at RAF Bentwaters.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
UFOs, Aliens and Alien Abduction reports being so out there, credibility of witnesses is the one true measure for believing or disbelieving a report.

Warren's been on so many documentaries telling his side of the story and expressing how he was abused through interrogation probably by the OSI that it left him with some mental troubles.

I don't think anyone's saying he wasn't there, at least I'm not. But his story relating to a third night and the "fog & red ball" part was not true. In my opinion this hurts his credibility. Hence as I said early I'm not all that interested in his book simply due to the possibility of fluff being added to facts in order to make it more interesting and increase sales.

There's so much about the /80 incident and the other two nights with ret Big Gen Halt and ret Staff Sgt Pennston and the others recently located, including comment from the Base Commander at the time that Ifeel makes the 12/80 Rendlesham Incident a better and more interesting and factual happening than most if not all other Military UFO encounters that I'm aware of.

If anyone should be writing a book, it's Penniston. The two hour special from the Sci Fi Channel is one of the more thorough investigative documentaries on the incident. Warren's in there too.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

If anyone should be writing a book, it's Penniston.

That would be good, but I think it would be even better if Col. Charles Halt wrote a book. A few years ago there were rumours that he had started writing his own book on the Rendlesham incident - whether it was true or not, I don't know.

But his story relating to a third night and the "fog & red ball" part was not true.

Please, can you tell me where you heard this? Or did you assume he had withdrawn this statement solely because the blurb of his new book does not mention a basketball-sized ball of light?

Which now mentions a UFO being there, __no__ fog & basketball sized red light exploding into a physical craft.

I don't think Warren removed anything from his book, in the revised edition. There were a few more chapters detailing what had happened since the release of the first edition and who the authors had spoken to since the book's release though.

So, you haven't read the book? I have. The article you linked to was written by me, and shows a picture of my book at the end.

I will check to see whether the baseketball-sized light is mentioned in it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Hi,

Larry is still around, and still speaks at UFO conferences in the UK.

He'll shortly be speaking at a LAPIS conference at St. Annes, Lancashire, England on 16 June 2007.

See:
www.lapis.org.uk...

If there are any particular questions you wanted to raise with him, I know one of the other speakers and can ask him to speak to Larry.

Alternatively, you can simply email the LAPIS organisers of the conference. They are a fairly friendly bunch. You can use the email address below:
[email protected]

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thats a long drive from SouthWales but I will certainly have a think about going. Thanks for letting us know.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think he might be Canadian and did reside in Vancouver? Now he may be located in Liverpool, England?

Here's a pretty-good piece on the incident, the people involved, including Mr Warren.

Rendlesham UK /80 Incident:
rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

Dallas

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

wow! and they say i made things up, the web site was never connected to me, it was from a company that peter robbins worked for, and designed to sell a cdrom, it had nothing to do with me and was never my web site.
as for changing any thing in east gate, thats BS again, im not canadian
nor have i ever been to vancover bc , i have much support, your info
is really wrong, thanks to the person that tried to set you streight!
and Paul Kimbal dosent rate to high with me aswell! the ego is a littel much.
Halt and peniston will never write a book, so dont hold your breath.
get up to date dude! later
Larry warren, former 81sps,you got the i live in liverpool right! cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

you spelled my name right, dallas, but not one fact you have posted other
than my name is correct.
ive never changed a bit of what happened! nor did i hAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE WEB SITE YOU MENTION, and lastly i am not a canadien
but i do live in the uk.
larry warren former 81 sps Bentwaters , Woodbridge.
folks please get your facts right, as you make yourselves and me look like asses! later.

new topics

top topics

join