It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cow Parts Used in Candles, Soaps Recalled.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Cow Parts Used in Candles, Soaps Recalled
By RUKMINI CALLIMACHI

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Cow parts - including hooves, bones, fat and innards - are used in everything from hand cream and antifreeze to poultry feed and gardening soils.

In the next tangled phase of the mad cow investigation, federal inspectors are concentrating on byproducts from the tainted Holstein, which might have gone to a half-dozen distributors in the Northwest, said Dalton Hobbs, spokesman for the Oregon Department of Agriculture.

Now, it's the secondary parts, the raw material for soil, soaps and candles, that are being recalled.

While some people fear consumers could be infected by inhaling particles of fertilizer or other products containing the mutated protein responsible for mad cow disease, a bigger concern is stopping tainted byproducts from infecting animal feed, believed to be the main agent for spreading the disease.
rest at.
cnn.netscape.cnn.com.../ff/story/0001%2F20031227%2F142405422.htm&sc=1110&related=off

Wow they even poison our soap!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I posted this when this first happened but I don't think anyone took it seriously.

Here's a list of products that use cows
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

This is just a sample of one of the smaller lists.
Glycerol - (derived from tallows)
Cosmetics
Liquid Soaps
Candy
Liquers
Inks
Lubricants
Antifreeze
Culture nutrients for antibiotics

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
I posted this when this first happened but I don't think anyone took it seriously.

Here's a list of products that use cows
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

This is just a sample of one of the smaller lists.
Glycerol - (derived from tallows)
Cosmetics
Liquid Soaps
Candy
Liquers
Inks
Lubricants
Antifreeze
Culture nutrients for antibiotics

Very sorry I didn't even see your post maybe a mod could delete this one. I think this is a very serious issue thanks for the link!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
Very sorry I didn't even see your post maybe a mod could delete this one. I think this is a very serious issue thanks for the link!

No need to delete this post! I posted the link in the thread when the Mad Cow thing was first announced days ago. I had read this a while back and new that it was only a matter of time until it went beyond just meat!! Scary #!!

new topics

top topics

join