It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Time Do You Spend On The Road?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I got my learner's liscence a month ago (I ldon't know if any of you have to get a learner's) and yesterday I took my first practice course, we drove for an hour, but it felt like 15 minutes MAX.

So I wondered, how much time do people spend on the road?
(Goin to work, coming back, restaurants, relatives, roadtrips,ect) Since I go to high school,

I take the bus for an hour in the morning but 45 minutes in the afternoon. And we always eat food from the house, we never go to restaurants. So out of 24 hours, I spend about 2 (Give or take) on the road, the rest is majourly spent at school.

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Also, the longest time I've ever been in a car was 5 hours tops, and it was grueling. Good thing I had my mp3.

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My commute to work is only about 10 - 15 mins, however I'm usually out all day and most of the night after, so I'm usually driving for about 2 - 4 hours a day. Back when I used to race a lot, it would be about 5 - 6 hours daily.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
30 minute commute to work each way ... 1 hour a day. Random errands in a small town ... 20 minutes average/day. We typically put 20K miles on both our cars a year ... no clue what that would work out to be on a daily basis.

I used to drive to San Diego on a moments notice (500 miles away), when my sister lived there ... good excuse to go to a nice locale and not pay for a hotel. At that time I would drive 30-40k miles a year on average.

The longest trip I've undertaken was a Central Coast California to Illinois trip (via San Diego) and then back home to help my graduate school sister move to her new college. 4,000 miles round trip and took about 3 days each way. Not really "fun" since we didn't stop and explore but it was either that or let her drive by herself.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
hmmmmm... good question really.

Around 82 hours a month at least.
60 hours to work
16 hours shopping (i have a wife - whom i love i might add
)
6 hours visiting friends.

Ok anything else would add to that - i.e. going to fetch bread or milk or odds and ends from the shops - doctor visits with baby etc etc etc

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I dont spend that much time on the road at the moment ( probably less than 30 mins a day) but a few years ago i was driveing for a liveing and usually doing around 500 or so miles a day and an average of 16 hr's a day at the wheel, although on rare occasion's this went up to 21 hr's

top topics

join