It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IIC and brain chips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I came across this page when I was looking for something else. I found it very disturbing. Especially the part about the ethical and public relations issues.

"The IIC is a constellation of integration or "smart" satellites that receives all-source information. Within the IIC, resident intelligent software will run decision support tools, correlate and fuse data into useful information, identify inconsistencies and information gaps, and task collectors to seek data to fill information gaps.

Implanted Microscopic Chip

The implanted microscopic brain chip110 performs two functions. First, it links the individual to the IIC, creating a seamless interface between the user and the information resources (in-time collection data and archival databases). In essence, the chip relays the processed information from the IIC to the user. Second, the chip creates a computer-generated mental visualization based upon the user's request. The visualization encompasses the individual and allows the user to place himself into the selected battlespace.

The civilian populace will likely accept an implanted microscopic chips that allow military members to defend vital national interests. Further, the US military will continue to be a volunteer force that will freely accept the chip because it is a tool to control technology and not as a tool to control the human."
www.fas.org...
This is being planned for 2025, so it will still be a while, but it does give us an idea of what to expect.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Doesn't this strike anyone as slightly reminiscent of the Revelations prediction of the mark of the beast in the forehead? This is the first thing I've seen that could fit the literal interpretation's description of that verse. I personally, think it is supposed to be metaphorical, but it is an interesting parallel nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The closest thing to this is something I remember watching
on either discovery channel or TLC.
It was about the latest breakthroughs in medical science.
What this show mentioned was a microchip that was being
tested on someone who was suffering from Parkinson's disease.
This particular one was designed to be implanted in the brain. It 's supposedly being designed for those who are
suffering certain neurological disorders or impairments.

I don't remember if this had turned out successful on
the patient tested or not.
I personally do not however believe in the book of revelations or what is known as biblical prophecy.
Down thru the years many have taken this book and
used it to indicate that they were living in the end times.

Well I guess some of us have been waiting a long time.
This reminds me of that play " Waiting For Godot".
By I believe Samuel Beckett.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Looks like this is going to happen before 2025, in fact wasn't there an article just last week with something exactly like this?

Things move so fast around here, miss a couple days or so, and it is a whole new site.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yogibear
It was about the latest breakthroughs in medical science.
What this show mentioned was a microchip that was being
tested on someone who was suffering from Parkinson's disease.
This particular one was designed to be implanted in the brain. It 's supposedly being designed for those who are
suffering certain neurological disorders or impairments.

Yes I remember this too. The Military is keenly interested if it performs as advertised as it could usher in a new era in enhancement technology with the Military benefitting first ......

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
What do you thnk of this this image? To me it looks like an electronic brain, with the right lobe red, and left lobe blue. Or is it just me?

Source of image can be found here .

Oops sorry almost forgot to add this quote;

Specifically, this program will empower one human’s ability to successfully accomplish the functions currently carried out by three or more individuals.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
What do you thnk of this this image? To me it looks like an electronic brain, with the right lobe red, and left lobe blue. Or is it just me?

Oops sorry almost forgot to add this quote;

I think the red is supposed to represent the biological and the blue the artifical and having them joined in this image, well the ultimate goal is to have seamless integration with their warfighting technologies.

Specifically, this program will empower one human’s ability to successfully accomplish the functions currently carried out by three or more individuals.

They could accomplish this in 5 years with relatively simple improvements.

1st improvement which is kind of a no-brainer is to lighten the load soldiers have to carry to 20 pounds or less.

2nd would be in soldier powered climate control integrated into the uniform to regulate temperature as conditions dictate. Sort of like the still suits in Dune.

3rd would be to improve the power and usefullness of all Information technology available to the soldier, such a system would most likely use a HUD similiar to that of an Aircraft. Would require specialized helmet. If these devices could tie into the weapon the soldier is carrying they could "lock on" and the HUD could display a Videogame like crosshairs to make aiming easier.

4th thing would be to add "powered-assist" mobility via exoskeleten. This is the most iffy part to be developed in 5 years as the power requirements are an issue.

5th would be to safely eliminate the need for sleep for short periods of time allthough the psychological effects could prove to be immense.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by sardion2000]

top topics

join