It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: My Highlight as VP is 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Cheney went to Australia a few weeks ago and was interviewed, and got tossed a fluffball:

"Q What's the highlight for you personally of being Vice President, your time in office?

"THE VICE PRESIDENT: What's the highlight? I'm going to have to think about that when I get out of office and I have time to do it. Clearly, our administration has been dominated by the events of 9/11 and the aftermath. That has clearly become front and center in terms of our concerns and we spend our time, how we spend our resources. And I think in terms of accomplishments, the fact that we've defeated all attempts to strike the United States again for the last five years doesn't mean we won't be hit tomorrow. They're still out there trying hard, but it has been over five years now."

Most politicians when asked for a highlight, would talk about some bill to help underprivileged kids. But not Cheney; he can only think of 9/11. Paging Dr. Freud...

Well, what a surprise he thinks 9/11 is his biggest accomplishment. About as big a surprise as W saying it was that fish he caught on his dude ranch.

For once neither one lied.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Way to completely take out of context what he said. He never said his biggest accomplishment was 9/11. He said that preventing any further attacks on the US since 9/11 was an accomplishment- and I would have to agree with him there.

You act as though Cheney said his favorite moment as VP was watching victims of the attacks jump 90 stories to their deaths. Sadly, this is yet another example of an ATS member twisting the facts to fit his/her agenda. An all-too-common occurance on here.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Way to completely take out of context what he said. He never said his biggest accomplishment was 9/11. He said that preventing any further attacks on the US since 9/11 was an accomplishment- and I would have to agree with him there.

You act as though Cheney said his favorite moment as VP was watching victims of the attacks jump 90 stories to their deaths. Sadly, this is yet another example of an ATS member twisting the facts to fit his/her agenda. An all-too-common occurance on here.

It is widely suspected by very knowledgeable people that Cheney was part of the attack on New York and the Pentagon? Norman Minetta, acting Secretary of Transportation on 9/11 testified that he entered the Presidential Emergency Operations Center (PEOC) at 9:20am, where Vice President Dick Cheney was in charge of simulated war games. Here is the relevant extract.

quote: MR. HAMILTON: We thank you for that. I wanted to focus just a moment on the Presidential Emergency Operating Center. You were there for a good part of the day. I think you were there with the vice president. And when you had that order given, I think it was by the president, that authorized the shooting down of commercial aircraft that were suspected to be controlled by terrorists, were you there when that order was given?

MR. MINETA: No, I was not. I was made aware of it during the time that the airplane coming into the Pentagon. There was a young man who had come in and said to the vice president, "The plane is 50 miles out. The plane is 30 miles out." And when it got down to, "The plane is 10 miles out," the young man also said to the vice president, "Do the orders still stand?" And the vice president turned and whipped his neck around and said, "Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?" [later in his testimony, Mineta says that this series of exchanges began “Probably about five or six minutes” after entering the PEOC] Well, at the time I didn't know what all that meant. And –

MR. HAMILTON: The flight you're referring to is the –

MR. MINETA: The flight that came into the Pentagon.

MR. HAMILTON: The Pentagon, yeah.

MR. MINETA: And so I was not aware that that discussion had already taken place. But in listening to the conversation between the young man and the vice president, then at the time I didn't really recognize the significance of that.
And then later I heard of the fact that the airplanes had been scrambled from Langley to come up to DC, but those planes were still about 10 minutes away. And so then, at the time we heard about the airplane that went into Pennsylvania, then I thought, "Oh, my God, did we shoot it down?" And then we had to, with the vice president, go through the Pentagon to check that out.

MR. HAMILTON: Let me see if I understand. The plane that was headed toward the Pentagon and was some miles away, there was an order to shoot that plane down.

MR. MINETA: Well, I don't know that specifically, but I do know that the airplanes were scrambled from Langley or from Norfolk, the Norfolk area. But I did not know about the orders specifically other than listening to that other conversation.

MR. HAMILTON: But there very clearly was an order to shoot commercial aircraft down.

MR. MINETA: Subsequently I found that out.

The young man returning SEVERAL times to ask Cheney if the order still stands makes no sense if that order was to shoot down the plane. But it DOES make perfect sense if the order was NOT to shoot down the plane, because it would explain the man's several anxious returns to verify the order still stood even though the plane was getting closer and closer to the Pentagon. In other words, Cheney allowed Flight 77 to hit the Pentagon, killing hundreds of people. And he is now known to have lied about the time of his entering PEOC in order to create the alibi he was not there at the crucial time.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Out of context? Read the question he was asked, his personal highlight as VP.

His answer? Straight to 9/11. It's psychologically warped that anyone would have this simple word association: personal highlight = 9/11.

Let's be clear here, it was Cheney who took an innocuous question and twisted it to fit his agenda, which is fear-mongering and militarism.

Don't kill the messenger.

top topics

join