It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consumer Spending Rises .6%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Consumer Spending Rises .6%

news.xinhuanet.com

WASHINGTON, March 30 (Xinhua) -- U.S. consumer spending rose by 0.6 percent in February, the best showing since December, while personal incomes also advanced 0.6 percent, the Federal Reserve reported Friday.
Americans' personal saving rate -- savings as a percentage of after-tax income, was unchanged in February at a negative 1.2 percent, marking the 23rd consecutive month that the saving rate remained in negative territory.
A negative saving rate means that Americans are borrowing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I tried to imput as much information as possible.

It seems that wages and spending went up more than expected this month. The growth is higher than the 1-2% that the FED is happy with though. Is this a good or bad thing?

One thing I know is bad is the fact for 23 straight month people have been spending more than they have been making, meaning debt. That cannot be good in the long run, can it?

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
any comments on this? I figured some one would care about this.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The government wants us to spend more than we make because we become more in debt to them so we can be more controlled by them. They are also trying to squeeze out the middle class. The rich have all of the money with no complaints. The poor people have no money with all of the complaints but can do nothing about it. It's all part of the grand plan.

top topics

join